Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RealVNC passed Eircom Netopia Router

Options
  • 12-10-2007 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone has successfully used realVNC(personal addition) passed an Netopia Router. I can use it in the internal network but it seems my Netpoia Router config is missing something.

The following are the router settings I have change but to no avail:
    • Ip Passthrough - for the machine I want to connect to
    • VNC Software Hosting on - So I can connect to the VNC server on the machine
    • NAT - Turned off

Any help would be gratefull accepted.
    Regards,
    Cathal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Hi All,

I'm just wondering if anyone has successfully used realVNC(personal addition) passed an Netopia Router. I can use it in the internal network but it seems my Netpoia Router config is missing something.

The following are the router settings I have change but to no avail:
    • Ip Passthrough - for the machine I want to connect to
    • VNC Software Hosting on - So I can connect to the VNC server on the machine
    • NAT - Turned off

Any help would be gratefull accepted.
    Regards,
    Cathal

Have you opened the Port for RealVNC info on it here:
    http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/RealVNC/RealVNCindex.htm

just select your router type and it will show you how

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 cathaldinneen

neacy69 wrote: »
    Have you opened the Port for RealVNC info on it here:
    http://www.portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/RealVNC/RealVNCindex.htm

just select your router type and it will show you how

Thanks for that nacy69, althoug the guide was usefull it didnt entily fix the problem. I hae IP PassThrough enabled. I had to disable this and enable Static NAT.

Also I found a very nice app/service people have already been talking about on boards.ie. Go to dnydns. Firstly you register a free domain from a list of domain( I picked myname.is-a-geek.com) then you install a app(that you can enable as a windows service) that refreshes the domain with your IP. Its great if you want to serve pages from a machine with a dynamic IP or in my case get it IP of the machine I want to VNC into.

Worth a look for the free domain name alone.

Advertisement