Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The River Road

• 12-10-2007 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

D15 is great but....

this is my first beef with D 15. -- The river road
    The development along this old viking road, I see now that there is further planned development between Ashtown and the new flyover bridge linking Castleknock and the new station currently under construction. There will be no other access to this site, so we'll have more construction traffic, more damage to the old bridges and when it rains hard this winter, people wont be able to get into their homes. Personally I have two routes home but still it will not suit the new locals who wont be able to home due to floods on the road.

I've written to the local authorities already, I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or ideas to bring this forward, regardless, I'm going to call into the local FF guys in a couple of weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I agree 100% with above....

I use that road a good bit and can't believe that they did not up-grade it with all the development that is being done... they didn't even make it wider for the construction traffic!!!

There's a bad 90 degree bend in it, which basically has a corner of a wall sticking out into it... Why could they not of just get the developers who were working on one side of the road to rip out the hedge and make it a little wider...

I can't believe they let the developer build right up to that road either... also every day you see people double parking on the road there too...

I really feel its just typical of how things are done in ireland, they build all these apartments which must be worth 100's of millions, yet they couldn't be bothered widening 1km of road, and god forbid maybe put a path in for people to walk on.... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

The new developement in Dunsink (shopping complex? leisure complex? dry ski ramps?? apparently, read it somewhere I think...) should mean major replanning of the River Road if anything is to work there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The new developement in Dunsink (shopping complex? leisure complex? dry ski ramps?? apparently, read it somewhere I think...) should mean major replanning of the River Road if anything is to work there.

Any idea where you read that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Lola123

Have you thought about contacting the local residents associations about this? They usually have a bit of info on things going on in the areas. There is one for Royal Canal Park, Rathborne and Pelletstown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I have not done this Lola123, I was taking them on on my own, Clint Eastwood Style

• Advertisement
Advertisement