Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

worst match of the year

• 12-10-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

since we are doing best here are some of my worst

electrified steel cage 3d vs lax (die ruso die)

blindfold match haras vs storm
    their rematch was one of the best in the year but this one was s**t

keali vs cena what could cena do, but he did make keali look weak

sting vs abyss in some strange casket match, good match untill the casket was lowered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

a-hole wrote: »

electrified steel cage 3d vs lax (die ruso die)

blindfold match haras vs storm
    their rematch was one of the best in the year but this one was s**t

They are the two that stuck in my mind.

There were a few matches with Batista/Kane and Khali on a couple of Smackdowns which spring to mind too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Storm vs Harris in the blindfold match was probably the worst, especially since those two aren't the worst wrestlers around. Just stupid stupid booking!

Khali vs Cena wasn't bad. Cena made Khali look better than any other wrestler has managed to so far. Khali has been in a lot of bad matches this year, with Batista and Kane mainly like Vince said

Does the Donald vs Rosie match count?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Agreed with all those mentioned so far. I was hugely let down by the Main Event of this years Wrestlemania also.

Kane Vs Khali was too bad to add words to.

Trent Acid Vs PAC at the KOE Cup is about the greatest botchfest I have seen. Fleish Vs Rya Saito was incredibly poor also.

Lashley Vs TEST at the Rumble sucked ass.

Lashley Vs Umaga at Wrestlemania.

Aside from that i am trying not to focus on the negatives of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I'm sure for every high profile match named here, theres a hundred ****ty ****ty matches from obscure indies that are even more horrible. Like the undercard from any IWW show is almost always absolutely brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

yea but try to keep it to the mane events that disapointed you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

John Cena vs Kevin Federline! Stinkeroo of the new millenium!
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

cena/khali at judgment day was a fairly good match as was the wrestlemania lashley/oooomaga (i am not allowed call him umanga anymore because some people on this site don't like it :mad:)

worst match is a tough one, federline in a match though was suicide, worst match since lesnar and goldberg methinks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

rossie1977 wrote: »
    oooomaga (i am not allowed call him umanga anymore because some people on this site don't like it :mad:)

Heh tell 'em to f*ck off, it usually works for me ;)
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I forgot how Bad Lashley Test was. At least the blindfold match had some comedy

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Muff_Daddy

Definitely Rosie vs 'The Donald'.....if you class that as a match. Otherwise, Lashley vs Test or Khali vs Anyone.

• Advertisement

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I forgot how Bad Lashley Test was. At least the blindfold match had some comedy

i left for a burger and a drink just before this match because i knew it would stink to high heavens (mainly because of test in it). Everyone in the f*cking arena got the same idea as me and i was waiting for ages :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

-any womens match in the last year
    -khali v kane WM24
    or -khali v cena ONS just for the pure botchiness

-any womens match in the last year

thats a bit harsh isn't it??? there have been quite a few decent womens matches this year, no classics for sure but some have been ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Jeff Hardy vs Khali at the Raw show in the Point :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

ashley vs melina at wm 23 hands down, shorter than melinas entrance and completely pointless, i left to get a hotdog and use the jacks when this was on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

thats a bit harsh isn't it??? there have been quite a few decent womens matches this year, no classics for sure but some have been ok.
    i dont really think its that harsh no. ever since trish and lita left the womens division went to the dogs. looks like it could be getting better with beth phoenix now, but how people can say candice is good is beyond me, seriously.

i dont really think its that harsh no. ever since trish and lita left the womens division went to the dogs. looks like it could be getting better with beth phoenix now, but how people can say candice is good is beyond me, seriously.

Candice is really good compared to how she used to be. Have to give her some credit for improving, but she's still not that great

Melina and Mickie had a very good match on some PPV, I think it was Backlash cos every match on that card was good. Jillian had a couple of decent matches on SD earlier in the year too. I'd rank most of the women in WWE now ahead of Lita in terms of in-ring ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I really have to disagree. Melina winning the title off Mickie was a very innovative match in my opinion. Also, Michelle McCool versus Jillian Hall on Smackdown was surprisingly good. I hope Victoria and McCool get to work another match together, because I'm pretty sure they can put on a better show than their last one-on-one.

As for Candice, I was not at all impressed with her winning the title before she was ready, but she put on passable matches with Melina (her title defense was good, the night she won the title was terrible) and Beth. She was only brought up to improve the 'star' power in the Women's division. I expect to see Mickie challenging Beth in the near future which could provide a very entertaining series of matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Orton had a really sh*tty match with Bobby Lashley on an ECW show prior to Wrestlemania.

That blindfold match with Storm and Harris stands out in my mind though along with most of Khali's efforts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

John Cena vs Kevin Federline! Stinkeroo of the new millenium!
    VR!
    cena/khali at judgment day was a fairly good match as was the wrestlemania lashley/oooomaga (i am not allowed call him umanga anymore because some people on this site don't like it :mad:)

worst match is a tough one, federline in a match though was suicide, worst match since lesnar and goldberg methinks

I blame Lawler. Although, at least Andy Kaufman did some training before getting in the ring.

The Federline thing could have been worse though.
    One name: David Arquette.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

Randy Orton vs HBK, when Orton punted him after like 2 minutes, such a waste of good promotion, guess we'll have a rematch soon tho.
    Other than that Khali/Batista at Summerslam, fell asleep during it, not because it was on at half 3.....

Kanney wrote: »
    Randy Orton vs HBK, when Orton punted him after like 2 minutes, such a waste of good promotion, guess we'll have a rematch soon tho.

Well, Shawn was injured and they needed a way to write him out of the show. I thought it was very effective at the time. Shawn still looks injured now though, I'm not getting my hopes up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The worst match of the year happened on RAW last Monday.

For those who haven't seen it yet
    Taker and Batista against Cade and Murdoch in a squash match.
    I waited a long time to see Murdoch get the tag title because he's not your usual pumped up pretty boy. He's like the guys you saw in the 80's and had some respect for. He finally gets the title and him and Cade are put up against Taker and Batista.
    So Murdoch gets the upper hand at the start and is then basically descimated by his opponents.
    Yes, Khali sucks. Cena isn't great (but improving) and there are several other crap wrestlers there too. But to bury the tag champs like they did last Monday was really stupid. Cade and Murdoch deserve much better than that.

You must have missed when HHH beat Cade and Murdoch on his own with a spinebuster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Jeff Hardy vs Khali at the Raw show in the Point :D

If you went the 2nd night us first nighters were treated to Orton Vs Jeff the saving grace of a terrible night, not a great match but a saviour considering the rest

wasn't khali/hardy the 2nd night :confused: didn't think it was all that bad, there was a decent orton/cena match too; still not worth the €80 i paid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Thats what i said kind of lol

Advertisement