Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hair dying question re: high/lowlights

• 12-10-2007 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Hey All,

Just wondering, I have brown hair.. I'd like to get a few very slight highlights/lowlights

to get a bit of lift in my hair, it's looking very dull so essentially I want a slight blondey colour running through the brown as in caramel/ honey kinda coloured. definitely not the thing that loads of hair dressers seem to have of platinum on top and brown underneath (no offence to anyone that has it but just don't want to end up with it)

So... my question is what do i ask for??

I don't get the whole mesh highlights/ half head/ all that stuff??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭dollydrops

Just ask for half a head of high lights. Or maybe you'll be better just getting a t-bar done. That'll be highlight just on the top running through your split. Tell the hairdresser that you want them thin because thick ones look terrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Hi.

Was in the same boat as you and got highlights in last week. Got a highlight/lowlight mix. Got coppers and a subtle blonde. Asked for it to be quite subtle, not streaky. It came out lovely!

Just make sure that whatever you decide, the hairdresser is clear on what you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

I know that's why I'm trying to find out the right thing to say. It just bugs me so much that each time i go down to get my hair trimmed because i want to keep it neat as i'm trying to grow it long they take about 3 inches off!!

I'm thinking along the lines of the copper/blondish colours actually. Just time for a change and a bit of a lif tin my hair!

I'm actually thinking i might just call down to the hairdressers and ask them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Strawberries07

I'v been getting my hair done since I was 15, I started with highlights. I'm blonde so gradually I started half head and Now i'm on full head. If your dark haired and have no intension of going lighter a few sublte highlights and lowlights. Best thing to do is find pics of brunette celebs that have something like the colour you want to go. JLO, Beyonce, jessica alba etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Yeah i'd been getting full head of highlights (apparently) since i was 15 and then last year after a big big break up with my ex i decided it was time for a change so went brunette. my hair sometimes was like dirty blonde or peroxide so i want none of that!!

Went down to my local Peter Mark today and talked to a lovely lady, really interested in helping and not just doing what she wanted like most hairdressers. so she suggested getting a T bar in caramel tones just to give my hair a lift... so i have a voucher for Dundrum so made an appointment for tomorrow morning!!! eeeek very excited!!! anxious too...

• Advertisement
Advertisement