Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Customer Service

Options
  • 12-10-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi,

I am having a problem with a certain VW/Audi/BMW dealership in the munster West Munster region. I left a car into be fixed, it was having a loss of Turbo. To cut a long story short and after much bad manners on their part im taking the car out of the garage the same way I left it into them after a month and down EUR1700. I am following a few different lines to recoup this but I can't seem to find someone over these dealerships that I can bring my problem to. I know they are independent dealers, but if they are advertising a car brand surely they have to answer to someone at VW.
    In short does anyone have an info on someone in VW to contact when you have a problem with a dealer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I recently had a problem with a BMW dealer and spoke to BMW Customer service. Within 5 minutes I got a call from a person in the dealer who could solve my issue. Not saying that VW will be the same, but it might be worth a try.

Failing that, PM me on Monday and I'll give you the contact details for the guy in overall charge of service issues for VW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

My advice is to park your car outside their business this weekend plastered with posters saying how crap their service is, this will result in instant help from them for you.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

In short does anyone have an info on someone in VW to contact when you have a problem with a dealer.

Thanks.

Motor Distributors Limited (importers of VW in Ireland, for now) 01 409 4444.

Don't expect miracles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

My mum got a great response from FIAT Ireland about her stilo a/b seat sensors. The only thing the dealers know how to do properly is charge- they never get that wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

crosstownk wrote: »

Don't expect miracles.

Don't expect anything only a superior attitude, they must be without exception THE worst company to deal with, even the stores in a certain well known dealership in Cork city only answer the phone when it suits them. They are good at one thing though, f**king up your order. And to think a couple of years ago they sent out questioners to other garages as to how they could better their services. Brass necks for sure!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Sure, call them and see how you get on. Depending on that, find out the name of the MD and send in a letter stating your problem and asking them to have the matter attended to.

In my experience (limited), the effectiveness of a phone call is variable. Get the names of the people you speak to, and take notes. Have your facts in front of you before you call, and do not lose the rag or even raise your voice. 'Speak softly, and carry a big stick'.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

crosstownk wrote: »

Don't expect miracles.

Thanks crosstownk, I actually tried this already. This crowd are not actually an authority over dealers all they do is provide technical support to the dealers if they can't resolve a technical issue. They were helpful but they couldn't do anything but offer assistance to the dealer. They rang the dealer offering assistance and I think that pissed the dealer off no end and he upped the price. I have since learned that VW have moved their offices back to Germany, so its really someone there im looking for.

J

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Thanks crosstownk, I actually tried this already. This crowd are not actually an authority over dealers all they do is provide technical support to the dealers if they can't resolve a technical issue. They were helpful but they couldn't do anything but offer assistance to the dealer. They rang the dealer offering assistance and I think that pissed the dealer off no end and he upped the price. I have since learned that VW have moved their offices back to Germany, so its really someone there im looking for.

J

See - I did say not to expect miracles :D

They are the people that appoint dealers and are responsible to VW in Germany for maintaining standards in the Irish VW network. But, as you have found out, they don't care about the customer. If you send a letter/email or otherwise to Germany, you will be referred back to MDL, so it's a vicious circle. And you are right, MDL will soon no longer be the importers as the Germans will be soon running the operation from Wolfsburg. It remains to be seen if it will make any difference.

@junkyard - I assume you are referring to Turners Cross ;) Worse than useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Speaking of that certain "highly regarded":rolleyes:dealership in Cork that sells VW, Audi, Mazda and Mercedes-Benz, anyone I've spoken to about them says that they are worse than useless too - actually my neighbour had a Polo, and whenever she took her Polo in for a service there, the car was always full of rattles after the service , she'd open up the bonnet, and there would be parts of a mechanics' toolkit(complete with names) going around the place loosely around the engine bay.

Actually one time she reckoned that the car felt no different after the service than it did before; the service light wasn't even reset!

VAG customer service is terrible -this is well known.

Hopefully when MDL lose the franchise soon Volkswagen, Audi and Skoda owners will get proper customer care.

Come Jan 08, VAG are doing the importation of those makes themselves.

But we're still stuck with the O'Flaherty's for Mercs unfortunately!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mrvan

if you are having trouble with main dealers you should take your car to another same dealer but dont tell him that you had it somewhere before and if you dont get results go to the customer services and if they wont help go to the simi plus you will need to keep all paper work and tell them that if you dont get what you paid for that you will phone the gerry ryan show and take it to the small claims court send letters to the dealers saying this and so what happens might be worth a shot who knows what could happen and if you cant get any answer just email me and i will see what i can do for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭Esel

mrvan wrote:
    ..absolutely no punctuation required...
    Did you take a breath when typing that? :eek:

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement