Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Park magic

Options
  • 12-10-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Any one here use the park magic parking doohickey? I'm tempted to get one but discs seem more convenient...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

explain this phenomenon

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

my dad uses this he finds it very handy he spends a lot of time around town and was always gettin parking tickets so he got it and he loves this thing he says its brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

Brilliant system. I use it every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭kelewan8

very good system, just being launched as the first of it's kind in the states by the same limerick company: http://parkmagicchicago.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I think it's great. Have one..only drawback is that you can't use someone' elses if you have 2 cars, the system matches your number to your unit

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

For the occasional user is it worthwile - maybe park on street every second Saturday for 1 or 2 hours?

phog wrote: »
    For the occasional user is it worthwile - maybe park on street every second Saturday for 1 or 2 hours?

As long as you keep it topped up it's way handier than trekking round looking for someplace that sells discs. plus you don't have to go back to the car to top it up if you run out of time...you could be gone to Wales for all a maor tráchta would know.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Ah, but can you get a sneaky extra ten minutes with it? :D

i've parked illegally for 3 years now and havent had one single tickey :cool:
    touch wood :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I got one last year and since then I haven't got a single parking ticket. It's way better than running around for a parking disc and going back to your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

phog wrote: »
    For the occasional user is it worthwile
    I also ask this question. Does the credit expire on it, the same way as if you don't use your phone for 6 months or whatever? I may park in town like once or twice a month (or less) in town during disc hours.

i've parked illegally for 3 years now and havent had one single tickey :cool:
    touch wood :)
    guess who got a ticket at 10.30 today emot-argh.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

guess who got a ticket at 10.30 today emot-argh.gif

:D right job for you, you got away with it for for 3 years so how bad.

:D right job for you, you got away with it for for 3 years so how bad.

i know but me and the girlfriend had parked side by side across from the gpo, we were only 5 minutes
    i ended up paying her fine whistling.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

You actually have to the touch the wood, not just say it.

wingnut wrote: »
    You actually have to the touch the wood, not just say it.
    i was tugging at my semi when i posted
    obviously it didnt work emot-quagmire.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hilaryb

i got one of the freebies. Parking is free. will let you know how i go:D should i be worried:confused:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Free?

MarkR wrote: »
    Free?
    +1, do you mean the initial credit that comes with the unit??

Parking was 5c with PM yesterday, had no intention of going near town, or any other shopping establishment for that matter though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yeah, get one... they have free parking days and cheap parking days and all such craic. They are much handier then discs and work out alot cheaper too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hilaryb

yes free :D:D

Advertisement