Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st real thread

Options
  • 12-10-2007 4:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

Put my KA 1J spring in my M4-S the other day, no problem... then put the G27 moter grip on.
    When i put the battery in and pulled the trigger there was a funny sound... i think that all i needed to do was adjust the moter plate ccrew(official name?)

but i didn't have ab allen key small enough, so i took the moter plate off and tried to udjust the screw..... no luck.
    So i put it all together and called a friend and asked him to bring one in yo school the next day...
    but as i put it back together i took the moter out to give it some silicon oil and when i put it back in the conector bent and when i bent it back it broke off...
    any suggestions as to how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

You need to solder the wire onto the motor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mark_Sc

That'd be a pain to have to do every time... but i might do that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭liamo333

If you want I can solder it for you.

That's why your my favourite liam
    i might take you up on that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

go into maplin/peats and buy new connectors, remove the broken one and crimp on a new one

soldering actually gives better current flow to the motor, but like you said, it's a pain in the ass if you open your gun(s) regularly

• Advertisement

i dont plan on opening it again... but i did cut a little off my 1J spring before i put it in... it seemed abnormaly long... i couldn't get it in... think that'll effect it drastically?

itll weaken the spring so that its lower than 1J, by how much depends on how much you cut it

also, i would advise against cutting springs, leaving a sharp edge inside the gearbox/piston just has bad idea written all over it, the spring can kink alot easier too because the end hasnt been finished the way it should

(of course if you crimped the end of the spring the way it was originally, then you'll be fine)

i'll just order a new one.... the reason i cut it was that it was a about an inch shorter than a TM one someone gave me

the length of the spring itself doesnt make too much of a difference (within reason), the pitch is what effects it most

Advertisement