Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant view footage from DV disk

• 12-10-2007 5:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, i've recorded some important film of a presentation using a canon DC95 DVD recorder. Theres no firewire on this model so one would just put the mini dvd into the computer and watch from there. However none of these disks show up on my laptop. It see's them as blank disks and cant be viewed using media programs.

Is there something Im missing here? when i put these disks back into the camcorder i can again see them no problem. All disks were initialised using the "Video" option, rather then the "VR" option.

Have been looking and it seems i have to finalise the disk in the camcorder first, which is all well and good, but when i put the disk back in and go to the finalise option in the menu, its blacked out and unchoosable..theres probably some obvious answer, like a particular stage i have to be in to finalise, but i dont know what it is..anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stock163

Hey mate,

I've been having the same problem. I can not even initalise a disk using this camera. I have not option to do anthing apart from give the stupid thing a title. All options are greyed out.

This is killing me!!!

I took it to my technician who tried and had absoultly no problems at all. He popped in a maxwell -R DVD and finailised it right infront of my eyes. I couldn't beleive it. However when i tried again on my camera using a panasonic -r DVD no luck. I also tried a -rw DVD and this also failed.

So...I am going to buy the maxwel -r disk and if that dont work im gonna through the stupid thing out the window.

My tech did say it could be the camera, but i have 2 of em and both of them dont let me finalise or even initialise. If you have any luck please let me know

peterstock163@hotmail.com

Edited -

I had one last panasonic and it only went and work, got no idea how. I popped it in and recorded a short vid, went to menu and there it was "finalise" in all its glory. I finalised the disk and sure enough it play on a DVD player or the PC.

So i can only imagine it must have been a faulty disk, i did record the video with a lot of movement, maybe that was the problem, maybe the camera needs to be quite static???!!??

Who know!!

Stocks

Advertisement