Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 Elite .

• 12-10-2007 6:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,looking for some advice on a few things with the xbox 360 Elite.

I'm getting it half for the HD player option and half for gaming.
    Is the Elite a more stable unit with regards to heat ,compared to the older versions of the unit ,or is the elite just a marketing gimmick?

I like the idea of the PS3 ,but blu-ray doesn't seem to be as popular as HD?

After playing half life on my pc a few months back ,I was suprised at the quality and depth of the game ,is it the same for the 360 ?

Sorry bout all the questions :o ,

thanks in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

_Brian_ wrote: »
    Hello ,looking for some advice on a few things with the xbox 360 Elite.

I'm getting it half for the HD player option and half for gaming.
    Is the Elite a more stable unit with regards to heat ,compared to the older versions of the unit ,or is the elite just a marketing gimmick?

I like the idea of the PS3 ,but blu-ray doesn't seem to be as popular as HD?

After playing half life on my pc a few months back ,I was suprised at the quality and depth of the game ,is it the same for the 360 ?

Sorry bout all the questions :o ,

thanks in advance .

1) No HD-DVD player comes with any of the 360's, its an extra, about €180.
    Elite has much larger HDD and comes with HDMI cables (and is black).

2) Blu-ray and HD-DVD sales are pretty close but much to early to say who will be the winner.

3) HL2 is out next week on the 360 and comes with Episodes 1 + 2, Portal and TF2. Should be pretty similar to the PC version according to Valve, though they say the PS3 version is unlikely to be as good.

Edit: Forgot to mention about the heat, the latest batches of Premiums, Elites and Halo SE all should have the new falcon cpu again, too early to tell if it will make a difference to the 3RROD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

mcgovern wrote: »
    1) N

3) HL2 is out next week on the 360 and comes with Episodes 1 + 2, Portal and TF2. Should be pretty similar to the PC version according to Valve, though they say the PS3 version is unlikely to be as good.

Why will the PS3 version not be as good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

I'm not sure to buy the elite system ,is the hdmi connection on it better for viewing dvd's ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

silvine wrote: »
    Why will the PS3 version not be as good?

Valve are making the PC and 360 versions, EA doing the PS3 version.

And this is Gabe Newell's opinion of the PS3
    "I think [PS3 is] a waste of everybody’s time. Investing in the Cell, investing in the SPE gives you no long-term benefits. There’s nothing there that you’re going to apply to anything else. You’re not going to gain anything except a hatred of the architecture they’ve created. I don’t think they’re going to make money off their box. I don’t think it’s a good solution."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭TheDonMan

If you get one of the new premiums, you can tell by looking on the box and seeing if it has the HDMI logo then it is the exact same as the elite inside.

• Advertisement
Advertisement