Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This weeks EL football

• 12-10-2007 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Eircom LoI Premier Division

Bohemians v Galway United
    Bray Wanderers v Cork City
    Derry City v UCD
    Shamrock Rovers v Drogheda United on TV
    Sligo Rovers v St Patrick's Athletic

A win would be nice dont care how just a bleedin win ( a cork and rovers draw would be nice too)

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Another win for Dundalk last night albeit a narrow win means we're level on points with Cobh and a point behind Harps with a game extra played. Will be cheering on both Limerick and Kilkenny this evening and hoping one of them can help us out.

In the premier I'll be hoping Rovers can sneak a win against the Dirty Drogs but it looks kinda drawy to me. Reckon Pats will get a draw over in Sligeach although they're away form has been a bit dodgy of late.

Should be plenty of goals in the Cork game 3-2 to Cork or a 2-2 draw maybe. Galway could get a result in Dalymount with Bohs having played ET on Tuesday night and Mansaram apparently doubtful.

Any of these games on the box tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Shamrock Rovers v Drogheda United on TV

/taps monitor

kdjac

/taps monitor

kdjac
    /taps head and hears an eerie echo.
    Silly Pighead.:mad:

Just seen that www.irishfootballonline.com has closed down with immediate effect. Shame as it was a good site.

Of the 22 clubs in the league the owner of the site thanked 6. The rest were obviously lazy fcukers! Shame on Pats, Bohs, Rovers Drogs etc.

"Before closing I would also like to acknowledge the good work done by Cork City, Dundalk, Finn Harps, Shelbourne, Waterford United and Wexford Youths this year with their regular team bulletins/press releases."

Anyway nows your chance DesF to get that website of yours up and running. Pighead sees a gap in the market.

Was a **** site barely up to date and skewed all EL news to suit his own views.

Case in point the Big 6 joining up, what he said was nothing like what was in the article he was summarising.

bray 1-0

drogs should be 1-0 Rovers game delayed due to flares.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Was a **** site barely up to date and skewed all EL news to suit his own views.

Case in point the Big 6 joining up, what he said was nothing like what was in the article he was summarising.

bray 1-0

kdjac
    Bollox to that. It was far from a shit site. It was generally upto date and to say otherwise is blatant lying. I've been checking it every Thursday for the last year and theri team info etc has generally been spot on.

Theres fcuk all now out there at the moment. elevenaside maybe but thats pretty poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Damn Hooligans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

George Hamilton apparently never witnessed scenes like that before....One would think he would have witnessed such carnage at a CL game in Turkey.

:p

1-0 Pats quigley

kdjac

lol at drogs goal

best keeper in the league my arse :D

kdjac

• Advertisement

2-0 O neil

I love that guy.

kdjac

3.0 Muprhy

i love him too

kdjac

2-0 O neil

I love that guy.
    :(

He's a little gem alright.

Shels are three up in Athlone :eek:

With the two JCs and a couple of our other better players.

DesF wrote: »
    :(

He's a little gem alright.

Shels are three up in Athlone :eek:

With the two JCs and a couple of our other better players.

2 ex pats players scored, odd that :D

O neill is a fans favourite, cant beleive hes played for 6 clubs and only 24 or something. We have him on a 3 year deal full time, hope he stays cracking player and one day will put away all his chances.

kdjac

Shels 4-1 now, Flood got the 4th.

Cobh struggling to win just got their 7th.

Didnt know that http://futbol24.com/f24_livenow/LiveNow.html went down that far.

kdjac

Cobh struggling to win just got their 7th.

Didnt know that http://futbol24.com/f24_livenow/LiveNow.html went down that far.

kdjac

Are Cobh playing KK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Bohs 2-0 up and Cobh are 6-0 up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Cobh now 7 up !!!

3-2 pats and Murphy sent off.

Story of season really play well rape some team get sloppy and a man sent off.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

one all draw in bray for us tonight. drogs can win the league against us next week in that crack den they call a ground. i'd be physically sick if that happened

cracking win for rams tonight!

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Cobh now 7 up !!!

they were 7 up 20 minutes before you posted, what website you using for goal updates :confused:

Beat rovers and cork and we finish 2nd, Ryan out for a game or 2 fairly happy with Clarke in goal.

Squaeky bum time, rovers were pathetic tonight drogs won without breaking sweat guess part time players only play part time and now they into over time it just doesnt work.
    i never saw that coming :rolleyes:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

foot.ie seems to be down and i need somewhere to rant!
    game of two halves tonight we were ****e tonight in the first half good in second half , passing was shocking all over especially O'Grady , nice goal by O'Neill and two lovely goals by Judgie and Faz should be Goal of the Month contenders again, bringing on Hughes and Cash helped a lot anyway . Pats took their foot off the gas plus sending off of Murphy didnt help I'd say another 10 mins and we would have got the equaliser

gustavo wrote: »
    foot.ie seems to be down and i need somewhere to rant!
    game of two halves tonight we were ****e tonight in the first half good in second half , passing was shocking all over especially O'Grady , nice goal by O'Neill and two lovely goals by Judgie and Faz should be Goal of the Month contenders again, bringing on Hughes and Cash helped a lot anyway . Pats took their foot off the gas plus sending off of Murphy didnt help I'd say another 10 mins and we would have got the equaliser

So we raped you then sat back :D again.

Shockingly we have scored 10 vs you this season, last time we did that we won the league :eek:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Pighead wrote: »
    Just seen that www.irishfootballonline.com has closed down with immediate effect. Shame as it was a good site.

Of the 22 clubs in the league the owner of the site thanked 6. The rest were obviously lazy fcukers! Shame on Pats, Bohs, Rovers Drogs etc.

"Before closing I would also like to acknowledge the good work done by Cork City, Dundalk, Finn Harps, Shelbourne, Waterford United and Wexford Youths this year with their regular team bulletins/press releases."

Anyway nows your chance DesF to get that website of yours up and running. Pighead sees a gap in the market.

Shame, a great resource for LOI fans and was always up to date with regular updates and previews.

KdjaCL, how many LOI sites are there? beggers and choosers etc....

IMO it was the definitive site for LOI fans! Elevenaside may be glossier and sexier but Irishfootballonline.com was the one I always visited first!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭raheny red

Roar wrote: »
    drogs can win the league against us next week in that crack den they call a ground.

By far one of the best grounds in the league and the away stand is the best in the country :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

relegation/dogfight/6 pointer between Longford and Waterford is live on Setanta Ireland now

15 mins gone Longford 0 Waterford 1

if Longford don't reverse their fortunes within the next 75 mins they'll be all but down to the 1st

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Waterford seem to have gone in to this match with a very good approach despite the messing with Brosnan. Longford are looking vulnerable on all the set pieces - it's a makeshift centre back pairing

• Advertisement

relegation/dogfight/6 pointer between Longford and Waterford is live on Setanta Ireland now

15 mins gone Longford 0 Waterford 1

if Longford don't reverse their fortunes within the next 75 mins they'll be all but down to the 1st

Hoping for a Waterford win - don't fancy trips to the RSC next season.

raheny red wrote: »
    Hoping for a Waterford win - don't fancy trips to the RSC next season.

Hoping a team gets relegated because you prefer their ground is truly a bizarre state of affairs :)

Only in the League of Ireland!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

its even more bizzare as the RSC is in waterford:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Pat Sullivan's 90th minute strike gives Longford a lifeline! :eek: 1-1 result

telecaster wrote: »
    Hoping a team gets relegated because you prefer their ground is truly a bizarre state of affairs :)

No not really, that place is soul destroying. I've visited that place many times now and not once has it been a decent trip. It's the worst ground in the eL. Football shouldn't be played where there is a running track surrounding the pitch. No chance of creating an atmosphere!
    redzerdrog wrote: »
    its even more bizzare as the RSC is in waterford:p

Erm what? I wanted Waterford to win as I don't want to visit the RSC next, i.e. if they lost there was a greater chance of getting relegated to the first division. What are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

telecaster wrote: »

But if they get relegated his team will have to go there? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Squaeky bum time, rovers were pathetic tonight drogs won without breaking sweat guess part time players only play part time and now they into over time it just doesnt work.
    i never saw that coming :rolleyes:

Loose the chip Kdjac, its boring. Last time I checked we were still ahead of you in the league with this 'part time' mentality that only you are talking about. There is more to being professional than paying players €2k a week to feign injury.

We were beaten by the better team. It happens.

At least you arent making up stories about Rovers this time, thats an improvement I suppose :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I hope Longford finish bottom and Waterford 2nd bottom. That way if Ramblers dont win the 1st Division, I reckon they will have an easier time Vs Waterford strange as that may seem. That is of course if ramblers dont blow it entirely and let Dundalk back in.

But if they get relegated his team will have to go there? :confused:

Raheny Red is a Shels fan. He wanted Waterford to win to increase the likelihood of Longford being relegated and Waterford staying up. If Waterford stay in the Premier Division then his team (Shelbourne) will not have to travel to the RSC (Waterford's ground). This would please Raheny Red because he does not like the ground for the reasons he outlined in a previous post.

It's a strange state of affairs to hope that a team with the worst ground in the league (by Raheny Red's assessment) remains in the top division and doesn't take their soulless Eastern Bloc ground in the bowels of the league of Ireland, but that's Raheny Red's perogative - I was merely celebrating the oddities of our beloved league.

Keep up lads, or at least give the posts a bit of thought before contributing confusion to the thread.

Loose the chip Kdjac, its boring. Last time I checked we were still ahead of you in the league with this 'part time' mentality that only you are talking about. There is more to being professional than paying players €2k a week to feign injury.

We were beaten by the better team. It happens.

At least you arent making up stories about Rovers this time, thats an improvement I suppose :rolleyes:

What league table do you look at , is the same one Applehunter looks at at :confused:

kdjac

Advertisement