Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trade in Value

• 12-10-2007 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know how much I'd get for trading in a PS2, 12 games, a memory card and two controllers? Even a rough idea?
    I need to know ASAP. Would it be around 180? More, or less? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I'd say less than 180. I traded a few ps2 games a few months back and got €10. I also seen a kid trade in around 10-12 games in gamestop recently and he got around €30. Will of course depend on the games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Way less than €180.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

kensutz wrote: »
    Way less than €180.

As in how much? 120? 80?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

80 is a more reasonable figure. Depends on the games though. If they're old you'll get practically nothing for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

You'd be doing well to get 60 depending on the age of the games.

• Advertisement

Only 80 euro for a PS2, 3 controllers, a memory card, and 11 games (about 5 of them are 2007, a couple more 2006 and the rest older)? That's ridiculous. Think I'd be better off selling them myself?
    I could probably get 150 for that, much fairer price.

I'm getting that deal in Smyths tomorrow, but going trading in PGR4 and Forza 2, how much should I get? Roughly? Or are you even allowed do that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

moneyman wrote: »
    I'm getting that deal in Smyths tomorrow, but going trading in PGR4 and Forza 2, how much should I get? Roughly? Or are you even allowed do that?

You mean you're trading them in as well? Or you're getting them?

You mean you're trading them in as well? Or you're getting them?

They come in the deal, but I want to trade them straight back in (I want a different game) :)

Well PGR4 only came out today so you shouldn't get anything less than 50 for it. And about 30 for Forza. But those are preowned prices. Since you'll be trading them in on the spot they'll both be brand new, still in plastic, etc. So try and see if they'll give you more. I mean Smyths are selling both those games for 70 and 60 euro respectively. If I were you I'd hold on to them both, play them, see if you like them and then trade them in.

You're looking to get Rainbow 6, right? I'd be wary about getting it in Smyths. I think I saw it in there for 65 euro during the week. Which is ridiculous! I got it from Play.com for 30 euro back in June.

Well PGR4 only came out today so you shouldn't get anything less than 50 for it. And about 30 for Forza. But those are preowned prices. Since you'll be trading them in on the spot they'll both be brand new, still in plastic, etc. So try and see if they'll give you more. I mean Smyths are selling both those games for 70 and 60 euro respectively. If I were you I'd hold on to them both, play them, see if you like them and then trade them in.

You're looking to get Rainbow 6, right? I'd be wary about getting it in Smyths. I think I saw it in there for 65 euro during the week. Which is ridiculous! I got it from Play.com for 30 euro back in June.

Thanks for the reply. I might trade in PGR4 and keep Forza as an extra game to play until I get Rainbow (I'll get it off play), then trade in Forza.
    Yeah, I'd been told that you can get it for alot cheaper than most places are selling it for. At least I'll have Halo 3 to play 'til I get Rainbow.

• Advertisement

But those are preowned prices. Since you'll be trading them in on the spot they'll both be brand new, still in plastic, etc. So try and see if they'll give you more. I mean Smyths are selling both those games for 70 and 60 euro respectively.

Once the game is sold the game is second-hand so there are no special prices for sealed games, they're just the same as any other game Joe Bloggs brings in.

OP, the Forza game will be a bundle copy so you might be offered a bit less than the normal price.

Once the game is sold the game is second-hand so there are no special prices for sealed games, they're just the same as any other game Joe Bloggs brings in.

Yeah I thought as much. Bit of rip off though considering they can just put PGR4 back on the shelf and sell it as new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

It is ridiculous how much they buy back the games and then resell them for.

My lil bro brought back about 8 games, got around 25e, not even.

Better off just keeping them, you never know when you might just want to whip them back out/give them to a mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yeah I thought as much. Bit of rip off though considering they can just put PGR4 back on the shelf and sell it as new.

I knew a guy who took it to another shop as a return for exchange, but that was wrong of him :eek:

Mear wrote: »

They're hardly gonna sell the games for the same price they buy them for, are they? It's all about mark-up and how much profit you can make.

Mear wrote: »

My lil bro brought back about 8 games, got around 25e, not even.

Better off just keeping them, you never know when you might just want to whip them back out/give them to a mate.

I got the deal today. Went into smyths, they don't take consoles but I traded in 9 games and got 57 euro for it. Not too bad I didn't think. I'll get another bit back when I trade in console etc..

I'll be trading in PGR4 somewhere soon enough, going to Xtravision tomorrow methinks so might get Rainbow if they have it. Getting a wireless adapter as well (btw, anyone know if it will def work even though my xbox is at the other end of the house to the broadband box?).

Advertisement