Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Done It

• 12-10-2007 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Well we went to germany last week to buy our first camper. All went very well, we ended up with a 1999 Fiat with a Burstner Body. Very happy with it. We bought it north of hamburg and drove to Paris via Belgium. We had a great time, went to disney land. We only used a campsite for 2 days, the rest where a mixture of motorway stops and then a few nights on normandy beaches. Can't wait to get out again for a weekend. it was a hectic "holiday" but fantastic. Thanks to everyonr for all there help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Spades

best off luck with it

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Who did you buy it from, was it a private sale ar a dealer??

Benny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭derden

Bought it from a dealer http://www.wohnmobil-galerie.de/. They sorted out all the exports plates/insurance etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well, congrats, many happy miles and lots of fun with it !

(and piccies pls ...asap !!! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

best of luck,hope you enjoy your new found freedom. Did you save much by going to germany?, was it good for choice?,or had you sourced it before you went.

• Advertisement

Yeah think i got a good deal going to Germany, also made a holiday out of it. There is definitly more choice over there. Had nothing picked out before we went but they had plenty there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Nice looking camper !

Good, compact size too (Ring of Beara - enabled :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭macpete

good choice,I see you went for the Fiat, lot nicer to drive and more comfortable and no RUST:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Looks great, I especially like those new look sat dishes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Good luck and "keep her between the ditches" :D
    PS have you got a name for it yet?

• Advertisement

we're calling her Gertie, the original owner was called Gertrude!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

Hi there

I notice from yor posting, you bought from wohnmobil - I'm tempted at the moment, but am trying to weigh up the cost benefits...

How much did it cost to bring the camper from Germany (flights over, accomodation, ferries, diesel, insurance(?)) and how much VRT did you end up paying?

I'm asking this ' cos it would be a quick dash for me - over and back as quickly as possible, as I don't have the time to make a holiday out of it.

Thanks

Chris

Well i made a holiday out of it but if you wanted the following costs would apply:

flight 50 Euro
    Car rentel 2 days 100 Euro
    Hotel 75 Euro/night
    Diesel 150 Euro
    i paid 50 euro VRT (its over 3 tonne)
    export plates and insurance is 200, wohnmobile sort that out for you.
    Ferry home was about 250 Euro.

What are thinking about buying? whats ur budget>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭chrisblack

Hi Derden

see my new thread - "importers in cork?"

Chris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Did you get it weighed? Looking at the motorhomes on the wohnmobil website there are very few that look like yours which weigh in empty at over 3000kgs?
    derden wrote: »
    Well i made a holiday out of it but if you wanted the following costs would apply:

flight 50 Euro
    Car rentel 2 days 100 Euro
    Hotel 75 Euro/night
    Diesel 150 Euro
    i paid 50 euro VRT (its over 3 tonne)
    export plates and insurance is 200, wohnmobile sort that out for you.
    Ferry home was about 250 Euro.

What are thinking about buying? whats ur budget>

Yeah it weighed in at 3200. Got it weighed myself and nobody questioned it

Why are you selling so soon?

thinking about going over again in January and buying another one. You interested?

It looks great but I am after something with bunks to the rear and a fixed overcab bed. It's a bit over my budget too. I'm looking at a 7 berth at the moment. Have to negotiate the price tho!!

Heres what I'm looking at: https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/

Looks nice, what year is it? what size is the engine?

• Advertisement

It's '00 with the 2.8TD engine.

Advertisement