Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vista lies, bad vista... well maybe it doesnt lie, but its confusing me

• 12-10-2007 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

ok, I've got my C drive here and its telling me that I've used 51.3GB
    When I go to the C: drive and select all files then go to properties it tells me that I've 25.1 GB used

I bought a raptor drive and am putting vista and a few apps onto it, but can't squeeze the gb's out of it...

Definately should have bought a bigger raptor drive... 34gb doesn't seem to be able to hold vista and anything else...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Its Vistas Shadowcopy and restore thats taking up the space , heres how to fix it , ( reduce the amount of space it takes up ) but note that you will lose restore points ,

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/04/20/hot-to-reduce-disk-space-used-by-windows-vista-system-restore/

by the way , the benefits of having a raptor are actually swamped by the cost and the reduced size , I'd consider getting more standard sizes , especially with todays media requirements ,
    I hour of footage off a MiniDV is 12GB !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

the raptor is only for vista, photoshop and perhaps 1 game at a time. I've a terrabyte in other hard drives. I feel the raptor was ment to be noticably quicker... I'll find out soon. Thanks for the info on the shadowcopy and restore points... that was a pain! at least now I know.

post 1337

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

I got a 150GB Raptor recently just for Windows and games, but have been fairly unimpressed with the performance boost...
    Could've found a far better way to spend the cash:(

Sorry about the thread hiijack, just felt like a bit of a whinge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I understand tman - I'm just glad I didn't spend too much on the 36gb one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

not sure if this would work on home, does on pro - to see the system restore files - manage size in control panel / system

boot up in safe mode and logon as administrator, start run cmd
    to open a command prompt
    type
    CACLS SY (press tab)
    cacls "c:\system volume information" /e /t /c /g administrators:f

• Advertisement
Advertisement