Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[REQ] If you were building a shuttle...

Options
  • 12-10-2007 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

...what case would you go for?
    Im thinking of building a shuttle, using some parts from my existing PC (hard drives, dvdrw, 2900xt graphics card) Will this card fit in most shuttles? It is a beast!

Also, need a motherboard (some shuttles come with), processor and a decent psu. Ive seen some with 3 perspex sides which would be a bonus, but not essential. Im just not sure which shuttles are easy to work with and can accommodate let's say 2 hard drives (or more if possible), a dvdrw a 2900xt and dual or quad core processor (psu dependant).

Feel free to post links and recommendations. I will be using this shuttle for gaming mostly.

Oh, and I dont want it to sound like a hoover if possible. No disrespect Mr. Dyson.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

try the lanbox

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

lian li v300, slightly bigger than a shuttle but much better cooling that a shuttle.

you will have to dremel out the floppy drive for the gpu to fit though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

I like the SG01.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Loobz wrote: »
    ...what case would you go for?
    I have a G4 series and i love it. Really well thought out design means no wasted space, and a minimum of fuss/skinned knuckles to work with.
    I'd highly recommend them, provided that you've planned out the features you want and might want to add later. Also bear in mind that they're pretty hot, so forget about overclocking.

Advertisement