Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ugliest building

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I also agree the visitor centre yoke in front of the castle is yuck.

What about Limerick's best looking buildings? LOL?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

OK I am open to alternatives to the King Johns Castle building that will actually stand and not destroy the houses underneath.

Any ideas?

As for the ugliest building gotta go with Todds and all of cruises street

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

A few weeks ago I posted here about what I perceived to be ugliness of the new Hilton on the Ennis Road. Looking at the new almost completed building behind the hotel, overlooking O'Callaghan's Strand, well, I think that building is even worse-looking than the hotel. It's dark and sombre with a proliferation of what looks like fire-escapes visible to the front.
    That, combined with the brown brick finish and the sand-coloured walls makes it a good contender for the title of, at least, the ugliest new building in Limerick IMHO.

John.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I really don't think the Hilton is as bad as you make it out to be... Though I also disagree with people when they say the clarion is ugly. So maybe my opinions are well in the minority.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

i'd agree with that. The Hilton is not bad at all and I do like the Clarion..one of the best examples of high rise in the country imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Hilton mightn't be the taj mahal but it beats the old jurys by a mile
    same goes with the clarion, a high rise hotel or a cattle shed? take your pick :p

Biggest problem with the clarion is it could have been river point :(

Blue Building on Careys Road looks like it's been bought! There's a sign on it now saying "Writers Corner" :-S

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Blue Building on Careys Road looks like it's been bought! There's a sign on it now saying "Writers Corner" :-S

WTF? Writers corner? Is it going to be a bookshop?!?!?

wait wait change that to speakers corner :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

the building seems to be occupied. the windows are repaired, on the top floor are courtains and a kitchen cabinet is visible... and i personally think it's not to bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

The big question, is it still blue?

1huge1 wrote: »
    The big question, is it still blue?

Yep, it's bluer than it was! haha

The curtains and the kitchen cabinets were always there

sioda wrote: »
    The curtains and the kitchen cabinets were always there

yeah and the light in the hall was always on! :p

Passed it today and it isn't sold. they just made it more sellable looking! :p

Advertisement