Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Newport

Options
  • 12-10-2007 10:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

Was down in Cork today (from Waterford). Must say that the carvery in the Newport (near Paul Street Centre) was the first Carvery I had in a long time that didn't have that 'sameness' taste to it. Lovely spot.

Just thought I'd give it a mention. Credit where it's due.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

You aint from around here boy are ya :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

the newport sucks donkey bits. and that's prolly waht they serve for food tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ah in fairness, while it's ****e to go out in (flash chav central) it has quite a nice interior and the food is good for bar food. Kind of along similar lines to Scott's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Yup, I'd agree with that.

Had some nice grub there recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,691 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Another thumbs up here. By night wouldnt go near it with a big stick, but great for a bit of lunch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Another thumbs up here. By night wouldnt go near it with a big stick, but great for a bit of lunch

What he said... Althought the odd time i've been there for lunch the service was less than good... (or crap you might say...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

the food is fine for what you pay for it, although most of the time the waiting staff are ****ty, Many a time ive just left the money on top of the receipt at the bar and walked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Froot wrote: »
    You aint from around here boy are ya :)

Nope. But given the crap service I've experienced sometimes in carverys and restaurants around the country it was a refreshing change. Good grub, good prices, good service, friendly staff. All in all - a nice combination.:)

Advertisement