Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem connecting to o2 tonight

Options
  • 12-10-2007 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

any o2 users experiencing any conection issues tonight, mine is very slow or hardly loading at all, have had a HSDPA conection, 4 to 5 bars, after half an hour of getting internet explorer cannot open page and attepting to reconnect 4 or 5 times, i have changed the connection type from 3g only to 3g preferred, still quite slow to load, usaly have a download speed of 500 to 600kbps, only getting about 100 to night

any other users experiencing probs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

ive had problems for the last 9 or so days..
    Difficulty connecting and then once i got connected.. it was really slow.. unreal bad pings.. couldnt go to web sites...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Tiesto wrote: »
    ive had problems for the last 9 or so days..
    Difficulty connecting and then once i got connected.. it was really slow.. unreal bad pings.. couldnt go to web sites...

have only experienced this slow or faliure to load altogether on a couple of ocasions

usally quite happy with the service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

O2 broadband can be busier at weekends - I had this last weekend and had to make do with GPRS until Monday morning.

If there are too many users connected to your nearest mast before you log on then you will not be able to connect at HSDPA speeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

could not get 3G working at all on Thursday although GPRS was fine . . . 'can not open port'?? I reinstalled and seemed to do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Gekko wrote: »
    O2 broadband can be busier at weekends - I had this last weekend and had to make do with GPRS until Monday morning.

If there are too many users connected to your nearest mast before you log on then you will not be able to connect at HSDPA speeds
    could not get 3G working at all on Thursday although GPRS was fine . . . 'can not open port'?? I reinstalled and seemed to do the trick

tbh, last night i switched from 3g only to 3g prefered to see if would help, not ahuge difference, rang up CS this morning, they reset a couple of things, told me to go back to 3g only, my sppeds returned to normal,

this evening and tonight, keep getting connection failures, slow service, or site does not come up at all, have reboted serveral times, although it shows i'm connected, UMTS or HSDPA, 3 to 4 bars plus, rang back o2 this evenimg, and expecting a call from their engineers in the next day or two

quite frustrated at this stage

• Advertisement
Advertisement