Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mice in the house!!!

Options
  • 12-10-2007 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed that they suddenly have mice in their house or is it just me?? There seems to be a huge increase in the last while.

First (not so long ago) I had one or two, then suddenly millions!

All gone now thankfully. Trusty mousetraps!!!

:D:D:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

None yet, Thank God. But saw one on the street yesterday. As soon as it cools down; they move in. Of greater concern is the field at the top of the spine road opposite where the pool is being built. Have you seen the number of rats foraging in there in the evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭markest

Hi
    We also spotted one last night despite traps down! They worked a few months ago and caught 2, none since then til now. On way out to buy more pre-baited traps today as do not like sharing our home with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

we had a good few last year this time.
    tried all peaceful methods (ultra sound, humane traps of various types, ...) didn't work. The only thing that worked was proper traditional wooden traps (plastic ones are horrible, they only half kill them and they can walk away dragging it behind them!!!). Also baiting is really important, best thing is raisins, or even better: melt some chocolate onto the trap!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Get a dog and no more will you be plauged by this vermin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Get a dog and no more will you be plauged by this vermin.

I have a dog!

I think you mean "get a cat"!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Every part of the country sees an increase in mice activity at this time of year. They live happily in the fields. Until the farmer ploughs the fields and turns the soil and the mice are forced to flee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭TnJ

We have no Mice. i think the Spiders have eaten them all!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭SlinkyToo

I think the mice have been there since Charlesland was a plague pit. fingers crossed they havent dug too deep. ;)

Advertisement