Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pre mod

Options
  • 13-10-2007 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

hi guys, is there any premod on any of the forums here, have just tried to place a post on the Cool Vids & Pics & Links board, was a fun link i had placed, after submiting a premod warning flashed on the screen for a brief second

is this normal practise on this board, or can users be placed on a premod
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

That's a bit weird. What did the warning message say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

posts there are checked before they go up on site to make sure there isnt any pron or links to anything illegal. they usually appear after a mod has passed them

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

That's a bit weird. What did the warning message say?

dont know, only appeared for less than a second, all i caught was something like, post needs to be viewed by moderator or approved by moderator, cannot say exactly, all i know is the post is yet to appear

:confused:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

posts there are checked before they go up on site to make sure there isnt any pron or links to anything illegal. they usually appear after a mod has passed them

That would make sense.

fair enough, but for arguements sake, could some one just as easy add an inapproate link on another post, in another board, not suggesting for a moment that i would

what i'm trying to say is why is there premod on some boards and not others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Cool vids etc is pre-moderated.
    I'll check it now.

Edit: there you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

irish-stew wrote: »
    fair enough, but for arguements sake, could some one just as easy add an inapproate link on another post, in another board, not suggesting for a moment that i would

what i'm trying to say is why is there premod on some boards and not others

Yes someone could post a link on another forum or possibly edit an existing one but I imagine the reason for the premod is due to the nature of the cool vids and pic links forum itself as it is more likely to attract inapropriate links than the Nature & Bird watching forum would for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Damn. Beaten to it by seconds.

OP: It's that sub-forum, not you. :)

As per the FAQ and Charter (It's a bit messy):
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=54127170&postcount=16

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

irish-stew wrote: »
    dont know, only appeared for less than a second, all i caught was something like, post needs to be viewed by moderator or approved by moderator, cannot say exactly, all i know is the post is yet to appear

:confused:

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I was posting something and that warning came up. My thread never did though :confused:

Yes someone could post a link on another forum or possibly edit an existing one but I imagine the reason for the premod is due to the nature of the cool vids and pic links forum itself as it is more likely to attract inapropriate links than the Nature & Bird watching forum would for example.

Depends what type of birds you're watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Note that new threads with links to video clips are approved on a case by case basis.

Your youtube video is not necessicarily better than the next persons and the sticky at the top is the best place to pos your youtube/google/break etc. clip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Karoma wrote: »
    :)
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

a part of me just died.

cheers guys

<thumbs up>

clown bag wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

a part of me just died.

Only a part? Keep going :D

:D

yep, that just about finished me off.

I had you down as the grumpiest cnut on boards (but in a good way) and now in one night you've not only :) but we even got a :D

I'm so disappointed :(

Terry and WWM are far grumpier than me... I'm sure there's much worse than them too. I'm nice most of the time. I dislike emoticons.

PS: DIE. :D:D:D

PS: DIE. :D:D:D

done. your first green smiley was enough to do a dawn of the dead on me. I'm into zombie flesh eaters 3 territory at this stage.
    It feels like the end of an era.

Advertisement