Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Where to get a fuel pump in Cork?

Options
  • 13-10-2007 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Having gotten a rover recently (didn't buy it, was a gift :p) I was wondering how long it would take for something to go wrong, and the other day...something went wrong, my fuel pump gave up on life. I have no idea where to go about getting a replacement, can anybody shed some light for me on where and roughly the price? Many thanks :)

Oh it's a '00 Rover 25

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Any decent scrapyard, they're loads of them around mostly with blown headgaskets or gearboxes. Michael Fenton out the old Mallow road had one last week when I was out there, you could try Pouladuff dismantlers or Donal Keohane up by the airport. You'll get their phone numbers in the phone book.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Eoin087

junkyard wrote: »
    Any decent scrapyard, they're loads of them around mostly with blown headgaskets or gearboxes. Michael Fenton out the old Mallow road had one last week when I was out there, you could try Pouladuff dismantlers or Donal Keohane up by the airport. You'll get their phone numbers in the phone book.
    Could I be confident with a second hand pump? The impression I got from my mechanic told me that something second hand like that would be unreliable, or should I say that bit more unreliable compared to a new pump.

And thanks for the suggestions, you don't know if they're open tomorrow?

A new fuel pump is probably more than the car's worth tbh, it is a Rover remember and sorry to say it's only a matter of time before the headgasket or the gearbox are going to go anyway, so I'd be realistic and go secondhand.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,284 ✭✭✭✭Esel

junkyard wrote: »
    A new fuel pump is probably more than the car's worth tbh, it is a Rover remember and sorry to say it's only a matter of time before the headgasket or the gearbox are going to go anyway, so I'd be realistic and go secondhand.
    A bit pessimistic, no?

OP: You may be able to fit a generic fuel pump relatively easily. Have a look where the old one is located to see. Shouldn't be very expensive if it fits.

You are sure the old pump is dead and it's not just a blockage in the line somewhere?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-MG-BREAKING-ALL-MODELS-ZR-ZS-ZT-MGF-MGTF_W0QQitemZ120168836199QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10414QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I wouldn't think it would be a very easy thing to find in Ireland.

Why is your mechanic making you get parts? Doesn't that mean if they're not up to the job, you're stuck with them?

• Advertisement

esel wrote: »
    A bit pessimistic, no?

No, realistic.

Advertisement