Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HAIX Boots

• 13-10-2007 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me if the PDF issue boots (HAIX Kampfschuh Model no.2) are available to buy in any shops or online stores?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

eroo wrote: »

I dont think they sell that specific model. I don't see it listed there anyway.

right,i'll have another look about for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Satan Polaroid

Speaking of boots, can anyone recommend a good pair for extensive walking and standing? I have heard good things about Magnums.

Also, I would prefer to go to a shop to try them on, rather than pay online so if anybody knows any good shops in the East/North-East?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I have Magnums, used for hunting, not a bad word to say about them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

The IMO Store (i.e. me) does not sell HAIX boots, the only crowd that sells them that I know of is Bond Safety in Monaghan.

If someone is going walking in the countryside I would recommend something heaver than a Magnum. If you've the money to spend get a pair of Meindls, Lowas or Hanwags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Satan Polaroid

Went up to Bond Safety in Monaghan and got myself a pair of Magnum Patrol St.

They're heavy enough, never mind getting a pair of Lowas! Anyway, as long as they keep my feet warm and dry this winter, I'll be happy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

Mendl boots are pretty good but very expensive we were allowed them for the SST when I was in the PDF as the operational boots at the time were'nt great and we also had Danner Matterhorn boots before they became standard issue but again I did'nt like them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

had meindle eagles, as for running or walkin round barracks the were fine but hit the hills in them and the seemed to attract water from miles around, like two big sponges on the end of your legs!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mrgalway

The are too high for hiking purposes as they will play havoc on your ankles. You need something lower on the ankle like th trekker pro or Mendles, etc.

If your feet are relatively fit, you can get a pair of Hi-Tecs. More inexpensive, lighter and rugged.

I've done over 500 miles of trail walking on my current pair with narry a blister.

Advertisement