Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How often do you ride?

• 13-10-2007 4:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

I started at the age of 12. Would ride most days until the age of 18-19. Then college happened. Things got thrown on the back burner. When I was 23-24 I helped to teach kids to ride at a summer camp in America. At this stage it is very hard to get back in the saddle, work and money are the problems.

Any one else have horses or regularly take lessons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I used to ride 6-7 hours a day up untill last year. Now its down to twice a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭fits

About three times in the last year. I own a mare, but she's out at grass at home right now. I cant afford it at the moment either financially or timewise.. Will hopefully be back in the saddle at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Turoe Clover

Not often enough!! :D
    Twice a week at the mo but hopefully that is soon to change !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Twice a week at the moment, its so hard to find time and facilities are few and far between in my area... Roscommon is not great horse country :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭TheB

G is worked everyday when he's sound! Ridden at least 4 days out of 7, lunged in a pessoa or loose schooled the days I don't ride - with a day off every week .. So hence I ride about 4/5 out of 7!

It keeps me and him sane.. we hack a lot too as he gets very bored in the school so winter is rubbish as too dark Mon-Fri = stuck going in circles.. :(

TheBx

• Advertisement
Advertisement