Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie firefox plugin (Private message monitor) v1.09

Options
  • 13-10-2007 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I have created a firefox extension that will monitor your private message and subscriptions. As well as give you other features.

The instructions are contained within the zip file on how to install it and use it. Please read them!

Important!
    If you use the plugin you should subscribe to this thread. That way if there is any updates later on you will be aware of them. Any issues with this plugin please reply in this thread.

Also any comments good/bad/what to change would be great.

Version update info: 1.09
    Fixed it for the new site updates and fixed the wiki link.

Oh and please use this thread from now on. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thanks Hobbes. However:

"Windows did not recognize the file type" :(

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

You extract the zip file contents to some folder. Then do a FILE > OPEN FILE from within FireFox and follow the instructions. Its not something that you open from within Windows - only via FireFox.

Great to see this extension back and updated Hobbes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Nice one Hobbes working great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Thanks Hobbes, works great and very handy.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

What exactly does it do when you say monitor? because boards does that anyway. Is there a little popup for each update etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Excellent stuff, Hobbes.

Handy for PMs from angry adverts users ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

yay a new one! Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What exactly does it do when you say monitor? because boards does that anyway. Is there a little popup for each update etc?

It does it when your not on the site. Not everyone lives on boards like yourself. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Cheers Hobbes.

There used to be an option to change the update interval - this seems to be gone. Is this correct? What is the update interval currently?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

nesf wrote: »
    Cheers Hobbes.

ciaranfo wrote: »
    There used to be an option to change the update interval - this seems to be gone. Is this correct? What is the update interval currently?

Tools menu. It is there.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hobbes wrote: »
    It does it when your not on the site. Not everyone lives on boards like yourself. ;)

I sleep on a bench in boards park, covered in posts to keep me warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I just installed this for the first time.

The first PM I got was from hobbes. :)

Tools menu. It is there.
    tools > addons > boards pm monitor.

the options button is greyed out ???

tools menu, boards.ie preferences option.

tools menu, boards.ie preferences option.
    I knew that was there, just making sure you knew about it ;)

Thanks Hobbes. Very handy :)

Cheers Goneshootin

Also, Gmail Notifier is very handy for anyone who wants to know they have new mail but don't have the interweb open. I only discovered this a couple of weeks ago so I thought I'd put it out there. It's in your gmail settings.

You get a small pop-up in the bottom right hand corner of the screen to notify that a new email has been received. Very handy.

/rates thread.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement