Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooler weather from OCT 15

Options
  • 13-10-2007 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Looks like our Indian summer is coming to an end after the weekend with cooler NW winds and showers... Something of a 50/50 whether high pressure reloads from the SE afterwards though...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Kippure

Danno wrote: »
    Looks like our Indian summer is coming to an end after the weekend with cooler NW winds and showers... Something of a 50/50 whether high pressure reloads from the SE afterwards though...

I really do hope so, im getting tired of the weather at the moment its really getting to me. All i want is cooler seasonal weather. Is it to much to ask for?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I wish this weather would go on much longer, I prefer 18C and sun to our usual damp wet cool/wintermild muck that we get every winter which makes it feel much colder than it actually is. I only like cold weather if theres snow involved:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Yes, if I remember rightly, last October was quite stormy and there was no let up after Christmas either. Don't wish away our late summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Have to agree, October is rubbish for Sneachta, so lets enjoy the late summer weather. Plenty of times for never ending winds and rain like last year.
    The clocks go back in a couple of weeks and we'll loose our afternoons as a result..its can then reset :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

So its agreed then, we have a consensus. Now how do we go about "reloading" this high pressure :D

This weather is better than the summer in my opinion, not as humid! Even though out temps in the summer were low 20s some days it was more uncomfortable than late 30s when I was in Australia!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its wonderful, long may it continue except we'll run out of water in January if it does.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

A brief interruptment is expected on Monday/Tuesday. Some frost midweek, then the High moves east yet again pulling up spanish air. 18c by next weekend. :O

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nice thats what i want to hear! very little in the way of rain for next week again as well.

Saw that, wetterkarte 500 hPa 9 day charts rule!

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

whats happened to our wind ?

the stillness in Dublin is unreal recently, like the calm before the storm !

• Advertisement

hopefully the wind stays put this winter, we had enough wind last winter to last us a lifetime:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

12-14c for Wednesday/Thursday - a little closer to seasonal norms.

The front passed though faster than expected but the air behind it is'nt much cooler, just fresher.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Quite an obvious front there. Took jumper off, siping iced drink.

1. Put jumper on.
    2. Close window
    3. Get coffee

Must have been 5 degree drop and about *4billion lux difference.

*Lux being my own measurement of light and not to be confused with others.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Its always interesting to look at the long range GFS charts:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/avnpanel1.html

That would produce some interesting late October weather! But as we all know, it will all change on the next run....!

A

Oooooh! Thats changed a lot in 24 hrs, it was threatening two poor days, now it looks like a windy apocalypse.

Mike.

Advertisement