Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bye bye tongue ring

Options
  • 13-10-2007 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

Ok, so just took out my tongue ring for the last time. Had it 4 years so it feels pretty weird having nothing there. It was pierced wrong so will get it redone eventually. How long would it take for my tongue to completely heal so I can get it redone? I'm a little undecided about if I can be bothered again. Will just have to wait and see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

The tongue is an actual muscle, so healing it shouldn't take too long. I know with normal scar tissue, it's reccommended that you give scar tissue 9months to heal, but as I said, it's muscle tissue which renews much quicker. Best bet is to pop into any of the studios and get them to have a look at it and they'll be able to give you a better opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Gonna disagree with you there fantasy. I had my tongue piercing out about 5 years ago, and I can still put a barbell through, whenever I feel like it. It's a bit tight for an hour or so but grand after that. Took it out cause I was wrecking my teeth with it. I put it back in when ever I'm with my lady. I know of at least 2 other people that this is the case for. I was always under the impression that the tongue never fully closed over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Mine totally closed over within a week last time i took it out, have never been able to get it back in. Never heard anything about it "never fully closing" before...

Oh. Well it was 15 years ago when I was learning how to pierce. Can't remember how this 'fact' came into circulation but that was the buzz at the time. True for me and 2 buddies though.

Out of intrest, how long had you got it before you took it out? It may well have to do with time. I had mine about 10 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

yeah hammerheadgym - you must be an exception, usually closes very quickly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i think some people are just lucky and can keep piercings open,i wish i was one of them:(

Must be, though that's the only piercing that it's like that for, the rest closed within days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Took it out cause I was wrecking my teeth with it. I put it back in when ever I'm with my lady.

I don't know why but I love this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Gauge wrote: »
    I don't know why but I love this. :D
    Don't know why my ass!!! :D lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeah my tongue piercing closed up in a night, swallowed my tonue bar one evening then when I went in to get a new bar, I couldnt get it back into my tongue.

Its the fastest healing part of your body but after having a bar in it for five years I can see why it wont go back in :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement