Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Dream" Tattoos of a Young Mind!

• 13-10-2007 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭

So was just watching the Black Eyed Peas video for Where is the Love? and suddenly thought to myself, hey I wanted that symbol on my arm when that came out! (somewhat glad I didnt! :p)

The it hit that I also wanted one, maybe two dolphins over my belly button, and a huge black panther on my shoulder blade, pretty certain i wanted a star sign one too! Oh and a lizard or gecko coming out of my cleavage!

Bloody glad I didn't get the majority of those now, could still go for one maybe two of em, but variations on what my original plans were, cuz well they weren't great!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else ever had these "dream" tatt ideas when they were younger and things have since changed drastically?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I had always thought a butterfly would be cute. Had a vague desire for a tribal on my lower back at about 16, then figured I was too stupid and indecisive to get a tat and that I'd never get one. I think I probably thought of all the usual ones teenage girls want, like whatever cute things they draw on their copies.

At 19, on a total whim, got my one and only, which is NOTHING like anything I wanted back when I was younger.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I always wanted my name on my inner forearm, so glad i didnt go through with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i wanted a tattoo from about 15/16, started out with a big black cross on my back, then more tribally design, then to bio-mech cross then to japanese.
    last christmas had cash, talked to emmet on msn, and spur of the moment went in and got my maori tattoo.... madness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

When I was 12 I wanted kanji and some random tribal flash *puuuuuuuke*

When I was 15 I wanted a design like Maynard from Tool has.

When I was 16 I wanted wings.

For the last 3 years I've wanted the same stuff though, so at least I've finally made up my mind... I hope! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

I've pretty much wanted the same thing all along, just the friggin style I want keeps changing.....japanese, new school, sailor jerry.....it'd look good in all of them, just have to decide on which I want and find the best artist to do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

If I'd actually got any of the stuff I wanted when I was 13/14/15/etc. I would be getting a hell of a lot of cover-up work done right now. Anyone else notice that when you decided you wanted these random things you were 150% positive that there was absolutely no way you would ever regret it later on? Just as well I had no money!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

I always wanted my body done in tiger stripe pattern. Not my face though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i just got all mine on a spur of the moment thing:)i dont regret them though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Dream tattoos of a young mind...
    To be honest I only ever wanted the ones I have/plan on getting, though I've added some others to the list over time anyway.
    Certainly no regrets so far with the ones I have.:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I swore I'd never get a tattoo/piercings/strange hair colour when I was 15... oh how things have changed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i decided in first year (when i was 12) that i wanted three stars on my wrist and followed through with it when i was 18. have yet to regret it. i cant imagine ever regretting my polar bear, i suppose it is possible to regret my senseless is pleasure one, but i dont think i will. tis hard to say, but i do really doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

as i like to say,you cant regret something you cant see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

My dream tattoo would be something that symbolises my love for my girlfriend. It's a longterm relationship, we're having a baby, so it's not a spur of the moment thing! I've looked at all sortsa designs, even tried my own, but just cant find one that isn't a bit cheezy...

Any advice?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

well, i have a polar bear on my hip which is my way of, well, if not symbolising my love for my b/f, then his love for me, and how he noticed me when i was hiding from the world, and saw something in me worth helping, and gave me so much time and love and help to get through a particularly rough patch. the polar bear is the name of a song that always reminded him of me, and that when i heard i just fell in love with, it was perfect for that time, and that song is perfect for us. if (god forbid) we did break up, i really dont think i would regret the polar bear, cos it's as much representative of one of the greatest friendships in my life, and how i managed to get through a really rough time...
    so it mightnt hurt to think in the abstract. what kinda designs have you been working around that it always comes out 'cheesy'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

Mostly designs that have two objects intertwined or in orbit, because we always are very close spiritually, physically, sexually, emotionally. It's intense. But they look like cheap tribal tattoos IMHO(not knocking ALL tribal tattoos---just the ones that aren't nice!)

Advertisement