Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Really at a lost as to what to do

Options
  • 13-10-2007 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

I'm really stuck as to what to do.

Basically, my Dad decides to move me out of a place I'm having trouble with to on-campus accomodation without even consulting me. Turns out that place has no internet currently. They keep promising "within 2 weeks">

Now, my Dad will do **** all. He'll go after the last place because I had some food taken, he's serious about legal action, but not getting internet and he doesn't seem to care. I managed to twist his arm into looking at Vodafone and O2 broadband pointing out when I get proper broadband he can have them, but they said we were out of coverage. We were going to get O2 "anyway" since the GRPS would have been an improvement over dialup but he wouldn't be able to give it to us until tuesday. I'm back down in cork then, and I don't have any real proof of address to get it myself, not to mention I'd need to get my Dad to switch to a bill phone anyway.

I'm lost as to what to do. This is absolutely ridiculous.

Stupid ****ers all of them. I just feel like strangling someone now. I am sick of this **** country and it's apathetic attitude towards services. There seems like no solution here. It could be over a month until I have the wireless broadband I'm promised. I have an FYP and my brain only tends to wake up at night - I need to be able to work on it on my own laptop in my own room. No to mention my "Issues", including Aspergers among other things mean I get this horrible depressing lonely feeling going back to somewhere where I can't connect with people. It's making me more and more depressed and I'm reaching breaking point and nobody will do anything for me. I'm going to end up failing the year now as the project I undertook requires fairly constant internet access.

The only other option is to get Ripwave AGAIN but I don't know if UCC has coverage yet. Last time I checked a while back, it didn't, and the coverage checker seems to be broken right now. I was thinking of maybe getting "Ripwave Plus". But then I'd have to keep it for 6 months...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Can't you use the internet access in your college library or other computer facilities? If you have a laptop I'm sure there's wireless on campus that could help with your project.

Eh... a bunch of posts in between vanished?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Winters banned and posts deleted for trolling.

Rozie, we don't need your life story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Moriarty wrote: »
    Winters banned and posts deleted for trolling.

Rozie, we don't need your life story.

Oh, **** off, honestly. Don't pretend that the WE DON'T NEED TO HEAR YOUR WHINING is anything more than a resultant of the apathetic, consumeristic attitude that has landed us in such a crap position in the first place. I don't care that you don't need my life story. Nobody's forcing you to read it. Apparently, nobody's supposed to feel sorry for anyone anymore, and nobody's allowed to express real emotion.

I HATE that. Your attitude makes me sick more than anything. It will not hurt you to read the fact that I am upset about something. I've been a MORE than productive member of this sub-forum and if you are genuinely interested in keeping the peace in this forum, you will not make such childish comments, they're irritating and a lot harder to ignore than someone's "personal issues"(which are not really since it's more to do with how godawful broadband is everywhere and for everyone here).

I've no idea what happened in the deleted posts, but I'm still looking for an alternative internet solution and nobody seems to be willing to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Here we go again...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Rozie banned from broadband for two weeks for abuse against a mod, thread locked

Have a nice day!
    :D

Rozie PM me in two weeks if you want to be unbanned but be warned that further abuse will earn you a permanent ban.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement