Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Employers Letter Acknowledgement?

Options
  • 13-10-2007 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I applied for my full test about 2 weeks ago and I received an acknowledement letter with reference number. I then sent an employers letter to the same address last friday. The letter had my name and address and I also put in another page with my name,address and reference number.

Am I supposed to receive any kind of acknowledgement that they have received the employers letter and I will be put on the cancellation list?

I haven't heard anything back after a week and I'm afraid I have sent it to the wrong place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

If I remember correctly when I done the same as yourself I did'nt hear anything until I got my test appointment. Unless it has changed you get fast-tracked with a letter from your employer, or at lest you get a good few weeks notice. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I threw in my employers letter with the application got word within 3 months that my test is in 2 weeks

I'd say it'll be ok if ye attached the ref no ,etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I did something similar (applied for my test and then sent in an employer's letter after receiving the initial application acknowledgement), and I didn't get any further acknowledgement for the letter - just a test date about 2 weeks after sending the letter in.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

I really don't think they acknowledge "successful" Employers/Requests for cancelations. I sent in mine and after awhile I phoned them and they confirmed I was.

About 3 weeks later they phoned letting me know my test was in a week, very lucky actually, when I got home after the test, the "Call up" Letter had arrived :rolleyes:

My advice is just to phone up maybe a week after the letter is sent in, to check if you're successful ...then play the waiting game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭DoubleJoe7

Do you send the letter to your specific test centre or to Ballina

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

tdc wrote: »
    I applied for my full test about 2 weeks ago and I received an acknowledement letter with reference number. I then sent an employers letter to the same address last friday. The letter had my name and address and I also put in another page with my name,address and reference number.

Am I supposed to receive any kind of acknowledgement that they have received the employers letter and I will be put on the cancellation list?

I haven't heard anything back after a week and I'm afraid I have sent it to the wrong place?
    I sent the employers along with the original application. They didn't acknowledge it at all, but i did get the test in 6 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

DoubleJoe7 wrote: »
    Do you send the letter to your specific test centre or to Ballina

Send it to Ballina. The employer's letter should be on their headed paper, should include the employer's RSI number, and should state that you need a full licence for your employment. Be sure to quote your application reference number in your cover letter.

Advertisement