Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk deliveries?

Options
  • 13-10-2007 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

May be a silly question but does anyone know if it is possible to get milk delivered in Cork? I know it is still possible in some areas of Dublin but haven't a clue about Cork as I only just moved back here after a long time in Dublin.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

depends on the area. tbh your best bet is to ask your neighbours, but a lot of milkmen retired/got new jobs after cmp was closed down on the tramore rd. our milkman was lovely but all gone now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You can get it delivered in Glanmire, my parents do, but don't ask me how to contact the man who does it. It's a handy service, you never run out of milk!! And ya, you prob pay a little more than if you bought it in the shop, but it's worth it. Sorry I couldn't help with the name of the man but maybe if you know someone in the Glanmire area you could ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Where are you living? Usually the older neighbourhoods still have some sort of a service. My mother lives in a suburban area built in the 1950's and she gets a delivery any day she wants it. A mile down the road where the houses are newer and the residents a generation younger, they've never heard of it. Like someone above said, ask the neighbours - the older ones in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Thanks for the replies guys. Figured it was a long shot alright. Living in the Rochestown area by the way.

Advertisement