Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Beatles or Elvis?

Options
  • 13-10-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

probably done before, nut what hasn't?

they say that generally people are a fan of one and not the other, so which are you? a Beatles fan or an Elvis fan?

personally I am a Beatles fan, I could never see the appeal of Elvis

The Beatles or Elvis 21 votes

The Beatles
    0% 0 votes
    Elvis
    100% 21 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I like both but would put on an Elvis album first.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Rolling Stones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I haven't voted yet because i just can't decide, it's so so hard to pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This thread sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Entertainment wise they are evens IMO.

From the point of view of musicianship Elvis does n't even leave the starting block.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Elvis was an individual like no other and the Beatles were a group like no other .As the latter were influenced by the former, it would be hard to compare each against each other as their entertaiment style were also different .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Elvis, the beatles couldn't act for ****

Elvis ,apart from 1 or 2 films was a lousy actor ,he made by his own addmission some crap films.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

beatles of course... elvis was crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭in_da_club

elvis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Elvis, the beatles couldn't act for ****

Neither considered themselves actors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

entertainment, voice and much better songs (even if they weren't his own) it has to go to elvis, particularly the more blues, gritty rock influenced songs.

As far as talent on their own merit the beatles have it.

Overall it's elvis everytime for me but I can understand the purist point of view giving it to the beatles.
    I think I'm on my second copy of the 68 comeback dvd and third copy of the vegas shows I play them so much.
    The 68 show had some amazing songs on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Bollox wrote: »
    they say that generally people are a fan of one and not the other
    Who are they?

Its funny , i have most of the stuff the Beatles did on cd and cassette but havent listened to any of it in ages ,but i like when out of the blue you hear one of their oldies bing played on the radio ..seem to appriciate it more .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

This thread sucks.

It also blows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The Bollox wrote: »
    ?

they say that generally people are a fan of one and not the other,

I'd actually agree with this statement. I can't stand the beatles stuff, particularly John Lennon but I can't get enough of Elvis. My mates are all the opposite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Who are they?
    I dunno... but they talk a lot, don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,134 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Elvis was a better showman/performer but that's about it. Don't agree in the slightest that he had better songs than the Beatles... and he didn't even write them.

I'm a huge Beatles fan so I'm obviously going to pick them but even looking at it objectively it has to be the Beatles due to their massive musical talent. I'm not knocking Elvis, I'd just always value musical talent miles ahead of showmanship. Elvis was still pretty damn cool though.

Elvis had more sexual energy and a better stage presence than all 4 Beatles put together.He was also much better looking than any of them ( perhaps thats why they got rid of pete best lol ? ) i am a fan of both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭klaus flouride

This thread sucks.

This guy does this all the time. I and others were having a perfectly reasonable discussion on the 'rock and metal' page; he posted a comment almost identical to this one so I, quite rightly, asked him why he bothered to post a comment on a thread he professed no interest in and told him what he could do with himself if he wasn't interested in the topic.

Result? He banned me from the page for 2 weeks. Completely unreasonable; I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience, you can PM me if you wish.

• Advertisement

nipplenuts wrote: »
    It also blows

oh look, he's got a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

This guy does this all the time. I and others were having a perfectly reasonable discussion on the 'rock and metal' page; he posted a comment almost identical to this one so I, quite rightly, asked him why he bothered to post a comment on a thread he professed no interest in and told him what he could do with himself if he wasn't interested in the topic.

Result? He banned me from the page for 2 weeks. Completely unreasonable; I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience, you can PM me if you wish.
    Yeah he does this all the time. I once posted a thread titled "Eggs or Carrot?" and he deleted it. Bloody cheek!!! :rolleyes:

Yeah, he sent me a PM saying he was going to 'report me to admin", i don't know what his problem is. He has absolutley no sense of humour whatsoever. Poor chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

LOL Karl you got enemies.

Id pick Atari Jaguar TBH

Advertisement