Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Search plugins for boards/firefox!

Options
  • 13-10-2007 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

I noticed that the boards.ie search plugins on the wiki were out of date. So I have updated them to allow you to use the new reactivated Search page in boards.ie. There are three as follows...

boards.ie.xml
    This allows you to search for posts.

bieusers.xml
    This will search for all posts based on a user name.

bieadverts.xml
    This will let you search all adverts.

instructions for installing
    1. Save the attachment below to you machine.

2. Unzip the contents (3 xml files) to your search plugins folder in firefox. If you did a default install this will be in..

c:\program files\Mozilla Firefox\searchplugins

3. Restart firefox.

After that they should appear in the drop down search list in the top right of firefox.

As with other plugins and stuff, subscribe to this thread for any updates.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I have also updated the Wiki Plugin. This a little different then the search engines.

When you install the extension just highlight some text on boards you are not sure about (eg. tinfoil axe ) and you can create/goto the wiki entry or search based on that text for matching entries.

Instructions.
    1. Download the attachment and unzip it.

2. Drag drop the XPI file onto firefox or use the "File->Open" menu and select the XPI file. This will activate the extension installer.

3. Restart firefox.

Advertisement