Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maccas?

Options
  • 13-10-2007 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

JUst wondering if there is a potential for a Maccas franchise on the N11. With Services like petrol etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

I reckon there's no need whatsoever for another fast food place (& the consequent increase in litter and obesity) anywhere in the locale.

What "forced" you to go there in the first place?If the existing place is so bad how could you justify spending money there?Maybe you should tell Bratty nuggets are off the menu.
    If they put a drive thru on the N11 around here half the rubbish would end up in the ditches.
    Bad Idea methinks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I reckon there's no need whatsoever for another fast food place (& the consequent increase in litter and obesity) anywhere in the locale.

What "forced" you to go there in the first place?If the existing place is so bad how could you justify spending money there?Maybe you should tell Bratty nuggets are off the menu.
    If they put a drive thru on the N11 around here half the rubbish would end up in the ditches.
    Bad Idea methinks

I agree. Two good chip shops already in Greystones.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ryecatcher

If a local mcrubbish is created, what makes you think that 'Bratty' (as you so tenderly call her) won't grow up, carry on the tradition and become a 'tracksuit wearing smoker chucking her food around'?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭JoeTurner

There are a lot of young people living in Kilcoole and Newtownmountkennedy to work the tills and flip the burgers and with more houses being built, plenty of takers for happy meals.

What you reckon?

Plenty of houses in Charlesland too (and empty shop units too in the Charlesland Shopping Centre) - would you not prefer the McDs built down there or would it lower the tone too much for you???? :rolleyes:

So, in a nutshell, what you are saying is that you would like a McDonalds nearby, that isn't in Bray in case someone looked crooked at you, but don't want it on your doorstep lowering the tone (attracting a ruffian element with their offensive chicken nuggets....), so you'd rather have it in some not-as-affluent (in your opinion....) area such as Newtown or Kilcoole where the local peasants (again, in your opinion, not mine) would be grateful for the opportunity to do an honest day's work serving the needs of the Greystonians ???? :rolleyes:

Would you not just encourage Bratty to go vegetarian instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ru

I hate hate hate it! Such a misery and yet Bratty loves it so we have to keep going.

Maybe buy a cookbook and learn to make chicken nuggets out of real chicken and not the ground up carcasses McD's use (fact).

I'm not giving you abuse here but your the parent. McD's is not good food, it's not healthy in ANY way and can only cause harm to your child and yourself. I can guarantee that if you made nuggets with "bratty" he/she would enjoy that much much more and it'll keep your little cherub busy for hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Mr Hammie wants me to use my own sign on, so when I have a spare hour I will do so. And abandon the thread.

People travelling to and from Glendalough, Brittas, Powerscourt, and when it re-opens Lansdowne Road, might appreciate a pitstop. And all summer long at least, Croker.

Bratty whose name has been changed to protect the innocent, eats little else. We despair of it but She has issues (shall we say).
    We have tried the frozen food section in the supermarket and despite transferring the product into a take away food box she wouldnt have it. As a source of protein, it's all we have. And as for real chicken, I am afraid she is hooked on the feet and beaks (not really, apparently they use real chicken now)

xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I'm locking this thread.

Hammie, I've more issues with this thread than I care to mention, not least because you've edited the Original Post so I can't see why everyone else in the thread has reacted in such a way.

The only quote from your post that's still in the thread, looks very inflammatory, and given that I don't know what you originally said, must give you the benefit of the doubt that the quote is out of context.

Finally, as I've said before, I have issues with Mr & Mrs Hammie using the same account. It is difficult to know who is posting what and so makes moderation in a fair manner tricky.

Bear in mind you've been warned before and consider that when posting.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement