Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz for Leaving Cert

Options
  • 13-10-2007 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

Interested in hearing from anyone who took Jazz as thier general studies question for Junior Cert or otherwise.

Just wanted to know about how you approached the question and what resources you had at your disposal.

Cheers,
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I did it for the Junior Cert, basically my teacher gave me a handout which ci learned off and repeated. You write about the history of Jazz (eg, development after the civil war when freed black slaves bought old army marching band instruments and using african rhythyms in their sound) features of Jazz (12 bar blues, syncopation etc.) and cite two Jazz composers/performers and two of their songs illustrating hoe the features of Jazz are seen in it. That was pretty much it for me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭stevemcf

Hi,
    Cheers Piste. Good to know people are giving the jazz studies a go. Teaching it myself and was curious to see if anyone else was doing it.
    Steve

Advertisement