Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Denny Chicken & Ham Pies

• 13-10-2007 8:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Hey peepz.

I've recently been eating a lot of denny chicken and ham pies and they are fuckin' delishhh.
    But I don't know how bad for me they are, I'm guessing they must be pretty unhealthy if they taste so good.

I couldn't find the nutritional information online but on the back of the box it says 14.0g of Fat whcih saturates... I'm guessing that's pretty terrible...

Anyone familiar with these pies? Will they be the death of me?

Cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

Jimmy

Here is a tip to enjoy them more.

Cook the pie.
    Let it cool down a little then put it straight into the fridge for an hour.

Take it back out and leave it in the hot press for the night.

The following morning freeze it for 12 hours.

Defrost it overnight by putting it on a radiator.

The following morning re-freeze it for 36 hours.

Then take it out of the freezer and put it on full setting in the microwave for four minutes.

Eat it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Brian, advising food poisoning isn't funny or clever.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭SMK

I have high cholesterol and watch the fat contents of foods. The general rule as told to me by a doctor is when reading the saturdated fat content per 100g if it's 1.0g or below it's good, if it's 3.0g or above it's bad. Your pies don't seem to be very good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Pies are never usually good I'm afraid :( They are very tasy because they are loaded with salt and from what I know, pastry is fattening. Like from the expression-''who stole all the pies'' ;)

Advertisement