Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban for 2 Offenses?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

tbh I'm surprised you havent been perma SITE banned for the amount of people you tell to **** off. Seriously, I thought this site had some kind of rules? or can I just go around and tell people to **** off too if I like it.. hey lets try that idea shall we :/

What if all those people deserved to be told to **** off? Again, you demonstrate a very simplistic way of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

you just said youy have aspergers and asked why your held in the same regard as everyone else. Hence looking for special treatment.

Jesus wept!

Are you proposing that the admins keep a database of all boardsies medical issues?

Rozie wrote: »
    the hell I go through on forums like this.

I would suggest you stop posting in forums altogether and get treatment for your Aspergers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

CuLT wrote: »
    I know, it's a travesty.

CATastrophe.......;)

OP, i dont think boards suits you, you should not let yourself get worked up, assburger syndrome or whatever you call it, if something made me this mad i would not want to revisit it. Why put yourself under strain ? Life is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

What if all those people deserved to be told to **** off? Again, you demonstrate a very simplistic way of thinking.

What if it's only you that thinks that they should be told to **** off? You demonstrate an extremely selfish and unempathic way of thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

cabaal wrote:
    Rozie PM me in two weeks if you want to be unbanned but be warned that further abuse will earn you a permanent ban.

You are not pembanned you are only banned for two weeks.

You were abusive,
    the guts of your post was off topic and you did not follow mod direction egro you were banned from two weeks and told that if you continued with such behaviour you could earn yourself a permban.

Gordon wrote: »
    Special treatment means that one receives treatment different to the normal treatment given to others. Mods on boards will always try to treat all users equally. If this is not the case then you should take your problem here or to the helpdesk as you did. In this case, I believe that you received proper treatment.

I can't recall mods here modding with their dicks. Can you please point to one case where a mod has modded with their dick?

Modding with their dick means they do it for the rush of it. In that PM i pasted, it's clear he's enjoying having control over a situation.

Though in general, mods here mod with anything but their brain.

Insulting people isn't nice. You have a habit of insulting people.

That's an oversimplification. What if the people deserved to be insulted? What if insulting someone isn't that bad a thing?

You're just proving that the mod staff here and it's supporters think in very, very simplistic terms.

You don't listen to anyone? You should learn to listen, it will extend your stay on boards.

Why should I listen to people who don't back their words with logic? Almost every reply in this thread has it's point in a single line statement format. There's never a "Why this is true". There never is.
    How can you take advice from people when you aren't listening to them?

They have nothing worth saying. I listen to thinks that are BACKED by REASONING. "It's the rules", "act this way or else" is very anti-thesis to critical thinking.

Thaedydal wrote: »

Did you even read the original post of this thread? No. This proves you don't pay attention to what I say; only what you want to see me saying.

You were abusive,
    the guts of your post was off topic and you did not follow mod direction egro you were banned from two weeks and told that if you continued with such behaviour you could earn yourself a permban.

But I found the mod in question to be abusive. Who's going to care about that? What if my "abuse" was deserved? Like if I were to point out what a pretentious little wanker you can be for constantly upholding this forum has any level of professionalism?

What if I'm right? What if there's a reason people might need insulting?

Nobody has answered this question.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

A permanent ban for two offenses, any two offenses is absolutely unforgivably ridiculous.

Nope, not really. Outside of a given context, it's hard to say anything as subjective as "unforgivably ridiculous" about such a ban. Of course, it's been established through the fine tradition of car-crash entertainment that are your Feedback threads that your context is generally "anything where I don't get my way == WEREWOLF MODS OF THE SS!". Now, in that context, sure, the ban is "unforgivably ridiculous".

However.

In a context of "plenty of people, including plenty of mods and possibly quite a few people higher up in the food chain, are tired of dealing with your whingeing and constant failure to understand that concepts like 'fairness' do not necessarily apply within the realm of boards.ie in the way that you would like", the ban becomes a simple way of dealing with someone annoying.

Having a condition that makes communication and discussion more difficult, however, is not an excuse to ignore the rules and basically go off on expletive-laden rants when you're confronted with something you don't like. People bait you and that's low behaviour; however, you've established that you'll happily rail for ages in the style of the "F*ck you, I won't tidy my bedroom" teenager brigade when given half a chance, and you don't seem to understand that there's no real reason any of the rest of us should be subjected to this. Boards.ie is not publicly owned communal space; get over it or find somewhere less restrictive to frequent - if you keep finding all these more liberally-moderated sites to hang out on, just go and post there instead.

Damnit, I'm trying to reason with Rozie again. Clearly I've been on the internet too much lately.

Edited to add:

BWAHAAHAHAHA! Rozie, fearless arbiter of those who "deserve to be insulted/abused!" Despite also having railed against those who insult her for whatever reason! As rubbernecking entertainment, this thread delivers....

They have nothing worth saying. I listen to thinks that are BACKED by REASONING. "It's the rules", "act this way or else" is very anti-thesis to critical thinking.

Imo your thinking is flawed. (one line oooooh!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I posted a story on my ****ty experience with broadband in Ireland, and asked for a solution to this problem, if there was some new package I hadn't heard of.

Right, because all these are relevant to broadband coverage:
    rozie wrote:
    my Dad will do **** all. He'll go after the last place because I had some food taken, he's serious about legal action
    rozie wrote:
    Stupid ****ers all of them. I just feel like strangling someone now. I am sick of this **** country
    rozie wrote:
    I have an FYP and my brain only tends to wake up at night
    rozie wrote:
    No to mention my "Issues", including Aspergers among other things mean I get this horrible depressing lonely feeling going back to somewhere where I can't connect with people. It's making me more and more depressed and I'm reaching breaking point and nobody will do anything for me.

In fairness, you should have been banned for telling the forum mod to **** off. Just accept it ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You were abusive,

You are your clear rational arguments/logic, begone from this thread I says...

The rules have been established due to reasons and situations occuring in the past. They have history and they have reasoning.

Rules = Reasoning.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

ED wrote:
    Some close-knit communities of people, such as furries, plushies, Quakers, Jews, white people and otherkin, possess such distorted views of reality as to be particularly susceptible to believe their ostracization is due to victimization by outside factors, and will not infrequently claim to have Asperger's or be Autistic en masse, often finding some way to tie its manifestations into the fact that they are social misfits, frequently complete assholes and fail at proper expression of affection. In certain of these instances, having "Asperger's" seems to be correlated with the posting of disgusting and semi-nude pictures of yourself frequently on the internet and local AIDS awareness seminars, or writing highly disturbed fanfiction. Additionally, it is not unheard of for these individuals to claim multiple, even incompatible diagnoses of a plethora of diseases -- possibly claiming anorexia, ADHD, autism, Asperger's, schizophrenia, OCD, and anything else they've ever read about or seen on CSI.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Aspergers

What if I'm right?
    You are not.
    What if there's a reason people might need insulting?
    There is not.
    Nobody has answered this question.

I just did.

What if it's only you that thinks that they should be told to **** off? You demonstrate an extremely selfish and unempathic way of thinking.

I'm so sorry for not taking into account the feelings of the mods who are having a right laugh being able to remove people who oppose them at will. Seriously, what the ****? You really are pulling these out of your ass now.

I'm not the one imposing my will on others. I'm not the one ganging up and bullying someone who disagrees with my policy. Those actions are vastly beyond insulting someone for being a dick. If I'm extremely "selfish and unempathetic", then I hate to think what, by your logic, this forum would be.

Plus, I have an excuse, since seeming "selfish and unempathic" is an Aspergers thing.

Again, why do you not take this into account? If anyone had bothered to analyse the way I act, they could see my immense difficulty and frustration communicating. They don't care. They only care about their ****ty little rules.

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Right, because all these are relevant to broadband coverage:

Erm, so? I was upset. What's wrong with that? The body of my post was still on topic.

In fairness, you should have been banned for telling the forum mod to **** off. Just accept it ffs.

Thank you for showing, in a nutshell, why I think you're all ****wits.

"Just accept it ffs"

The definition of lack of reason.

I should have been. Just accept it. This is what you're all thinking, and this is why you're all probably wrong. Not just because "I say so" - you're the ones with that philosophy, not me. I've just given an actual reason as to why I might be right.

You are not.

There is not.

I just did.

So; you are a complete dumb**** incapable of a logical defense, who actually gets off on blatantly unbacked statements?

So I should probably ignore your posts from now on.

And that was definitely a deserved insult. Pushing a completely unbacked argument as fact to a member that's already being bullied isn't right.

Plus, I have an excuse, since seeming "selfish and unempathic" is an Aspergers thing.

Again, why do you not take this into account? If anyone had bothered to analyse the way I act, they could see my immense difficulty and frustration communicating. They don't care. They only care about their ****ty little rules.

So you do want special treatment?

I personally am a very sensitive, empathic and selfless person. That's my excuse. I think that there are a lot of mods out there like me too. If they don't want you swearing blindly and comparing boards to Nazis then why should they be ignored?

• Advertisement

For instance, I have very bad aspergers

Syndrome or disorder ?
    When were you diganosed ?
    and difficulty in frustration/general loss of control in online arguments is one of the ways in which in manifests itself.[

Well then I would suggest you talk your mental health profession about getting stress and anger management classes, impuse control, learning your behaviour patterns and staying away from triggers
    and if boards is a trigger then don't post if you are already stressed.

I've known others with AS that get themselves banned. People with AS, are, in general, unable to follow the same social cues and rules as everyone else, so are often more likely to get banned.

Actually online forums are wonderful in the way they allow Aspies to interact as they are not at a loss for social cues like having to make eye contact or
    watching body language. Such communites ( like this one ) have the rules spelt out in black and white and make it a lot easier for Aspies to inter act with Neruotypicals.
    So why am I, even after relating this fact to you, still held to the same standard as everyone else?

Yes.
    How is that fair? You can't say "We're not banning you for AS, others with AS are not banned", because that's failing to take into account that it's a behavioural thing, and that it's a spectrum, it doesn't have one specific symptom. You are, whether you realise it or not, discriminating against me not just based on my views, but based on my own difficulty in communicating despite my better grasp of logic.

Logic: post like an ásshole get banned, don't post like an ásshole, don't get banned the same applies to everyone.
    But your ****ty rule-based system can't take that into account, either way. You can't comprehend the idea of dealing with situations on an individual basis. It's nothing to do with time, just how good your moderation staff is.

Unreasonible behaviour is unreasonbile behaviour, children should not bite people and aspie children should not bite other people.

Boards.ie does not have to have a star chart just for you.

TheGooner wrote: »
    So you do want special treatment?

Jeus did you not read my post I've made refernece back to AT LEAST once about the "special treatment" BS!?!?

How the **** do you expect me to keep cool with this kind of crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Pushing a completely unbacked argument as fact to a member that's already being bullied isn't right.

What if you deserve to be bullied, Rozie?

Jeus did you not read my post I've made refernece back to AT LEAST once about the "special treatment" BS!?!?

How the **** do you expect me to keep cool with this kind of crap!

Jaysis you keep asking for it to be taken into account that you have aspergers!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Thank you for showing, in a nutshell, why I think you're all ****wits.

On a serious note : if you genuinely think we're all f*ckwits, why do you want to be able to post here uninhibited in order to talk to us?

I mean, if it's that much heartache and pain (like googling "cork furniture shops has apparently been in the past), why waste your time with us? Or do you have some need to constantly re-establish yourself as the voice of reason against your perceived oppresor?

What if you deserve to be bullied, Rozie?

No one deserves to be bullied.

If people provoke a reaction due to their behaviour then they have to take some if not equal responsibility for what happens and they should look to changing their behaviour.

Syndrome or disorder ?
    When were you diganosed ?

3 weeks ago.

Well then I would suggest you talk your mental health profession about getting stress and anger management classes, impuse control, learning your behaviour patterns and staying away from triggers
    and if boards is a trigger then don't post if you are already stressed.

Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact that my behaviour has put me in a situation where I know others are doing wrong, and that my behaviour wouldn't be an issue where they weren't doing wrong. Some forums, I don't have trouble on. I detest that you're "trying" to be nice to me now when I know ultimately you're not going to take it into account.

Actually online forums are wonderful in the way they allow Aspies to interact as they are not at a loss for social cues like having to make eye contact or
    watching body language. Such communites ( like this one ) have the rules spelt out in black and white and make it a lot easier for Aspies to inter act with Neruotypicals.

Oh, that is PURE bull****. I ****ing hate you more than anyone in this thread now for trying to turn around Black and White thinking into a positive thing. Black and white thinking, IS A LOGICAL FALLACY. Do you understand? It's objectively wrong. It's not correct. You twisted little bitch.

People with Aspergers(I've always hated the cutesy term "Aspie", but it's not surprising you subscribe to it) have trouble following social cues AND rules, and often engage in anti-social behaviour in certain situations.

Having black and white rules is HELL for people like me(NOTE: ASPERGERS IS A SPECTRUM, JUST BECAUSE SOME DON'T HAVE THE SAME ISSUES I DO DOESN'T MEAN IT'S STILL NOT PART OF THE SPECTRUM) since we can't adjust our behaviour to meet the whim of some ****-faced dictator like everyone else can. Even if I wanted to, I can't.

And I'm not sure I want therapy to conform to a way of thinking that's thoroughly illogical and anti-intellectual.

Logic: post like an ásshole get banned, don't post like an ásshole, don't get banned the same applies to everyone.

That's not logic. Logic would define what an asshole is and in what situations it applies. What you've said is the exact opposite of logic.

Once again, you twist something in an annoying manner.

Unreasonible behaviour is unreasonbile behaviour,

So we shouldn't take anything into account, and judge everything on a black and white basis. And once again, no logic, it just IS accept that I'm telling you this?

Get ****ed.

Boards.ie does not have to have a star chart just for you.

Go **** yourself and stop pretending this place has any level of integrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

No one deserves to be bullied.

Do people deserve to be insulted? Or is one situation-sensitive and the other not?

3 weeks ago....

Go **** yourself and stop pretending this place has any level of integrity.

Someone perma ban this please.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

again i suggest that Rozie be site banned for their own good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement