Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sigerson Football in WIT

Options
  • 13-10-2007 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Attention all Football players in WIT. The numbers at Sigerson football training have been very poor this year so far. I would ask to pass the word around to try and get the numbers up at training. I know there is the makings of a good team if we could just get a panel together!

Have some pride in the college!
    If you need anymore information, let me know..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭tonyagrey

The first game of the Sigerson League for WIT was played yesterday(Tuesday 16th) in Waterford Crystal grounds at 1.30. There was a huge turnout by the home team. 33 players in total. (A couple of supporters also)

WIT started much the better and were soon in front dominating in the middle of the field and full back line. A great save by the UCC keeper kept UCC in the game. A couple of great scores saw WIT lead 5 points to 4 at half time.

HALF TIME SCORE: WIT: 0-5 UCC: 0-4

The second half again started with a bang and it was tit for tat all the way to the end. WIT had two further goal chances but failed to capatilise. UCC also hit the post.

FULL TIME SCORE: WIT: 0-8 UCC: 0-9

A good start to the campaign by WIT, in a game that they could have and probably should have won. But the outlokk is good for the future.

Training takes place again on Thursday at 5.30 in Waterford Crystal with all players welcome.

Tony

Training takes place tonight (Thursday) at 5.30 Waterford Crystal

All welcome

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Not the most popular form mate. Best putting up a notice around the college. ;)

Sully wrote: »
    Not the most popular form mate. Best putting up a notice around the college. ;)

Not a bad idea. I will try that

Next Sigerson game is next Tuesday evening in CIT. Details to follow.

Big performance needed to continue momentum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Sure your Plasma screen should do the job :). If you're not using it, you may as well put Sky News on it!

Sure your Plasma screen should do the job :). If you're not using it, you may as well put Sky News on it!

Lost me???.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Don't the GAA club have a notice board and a plasma TV located in the main building opposite the payphones near the reception?

Don't the GAA club have a notice board and a plasma TV located in the main building opposite the payphones near the reception?

Fair point

Advertisement