Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Honest Find an iPod in Dublin Zoo Today??

Options
  • 13-10-2007 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Took my 8 year old to the Zoo today she lost my camera bag with her iPod inside was very upset - please please if you find it or know anyone who did send me a pm I know it's unlikely given the scumbag ratio there today but it was early and quiet at the time I checked at the desk when we left no sign. It's a black iPod in a rubber case with a neck strap on it. It was in a medium sized Pixmania camera bag (had the camera on me thank god!) think it was lost at the play area in the African Plains part just beside the Rhinos

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Why would you give an 8 year old an ipod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Apparently they play music, which I'm told she listens to. With her ears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Dublin Zoo = high % of skangers.

Your ipod is long gone and is being sold to fund trips to the offie as I post this.

On the optimistic side, new ipods were recently released so treat your child to a new, improved version :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Eamon234, don't mind the negativity in this thread. It's really not necessary.

Hopefully it will turn up for you. And maybe you could tell the kid the monkeys listen to all her favourite songs now? :)

thanks Ibid :D - Zoo'll be rockin tonite!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I pods are a bad product

honestly don't be going down this popularity crap route

PLENTY of better audio products you could get

think of this as a blessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

eamon234 wrote: »
    thanks Ibid :D - Zoo'll be rockin tonite!

What music does she listen to? :) Genuinely interested by the way. I was going to ask an old man what he was listening to today with his earphones on but he just seemed in a world of his own so I didn't bother him!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did you ring the Zoo to ask was it handed in?
    I realise this is a long shot, but it is not impossible that one of the few normal non scumbag people found it. There ARE some about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

There sure are! I found a wallet on a bus to Belfast the other day, had over £200 in it (yes, I had to check!). But I still handed it back in. Ring the zoo, youd never know!

If it has been returned it will most likely be in the first aid post near city farm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Archimedes wrote: »
    There sure are! I found a wallet on a bus to Belfast the other day, had over £200 in it (yes, I had to check!). But I still handed it back in. Ring the zoo, youd never know!

YOU DON'T LIVE IN sANTRY DO YA?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

+1

Ya see, kids lose things, it's because they're stupid. It's not their fault, it's just part of the process. So, when you let a kid hold an expensive item, then..... you're fúcked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jeeze guys, when did the Dub. city forum turn into AH?.

The OP asked an honest question, if you can't answer it honestly why not STFU?.

:rolleyes:

spurious wrote: »
    Did you ring the Zoo to ask was it handed in?
    I realise this is a long shot, but it is not impossible that one of the few normal non scumbag people found it. There ARE some about.

I tried ringing but all I get is an automated message with the opening times and ticket prices - anyone else have a contact number?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

+1

Ya see, kids lose things, it's because they're stupid. .

Its not cos they're stupid. it's cos their kids and (hopefully) havent developed this necessity to care a lot about material things.

OP, I hear your pain, it's very frustrating when they do lose things. hopefully you'll get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

micmclo wrote: »
    Dublin Zoo = high % of skangers.

Your ipod is long gone and is being sold to fund trips to the offie as I post this.

On the optimistic side, new ipods were recently released so treat your child to a new, improved version :)

Behind the bars or there as visitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

As a matter of interest, does she have a mobile phone too?

eth0_ wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, does she have a mobile phone too?

No she's not getting one until she's at least 12 - at least an iPod won't fry your brain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no, it'll just deafen her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Archimedes wrote: »

maybe off topic, but best thing to do in this situation is keep the wallet and money and tell the bus company you found a wallet with a sum of money in it. give them your number and tell them to pass it on if anyone inquires... handing it in may pass thru many hands with the company and the 200quids could easily disappear. Its just something i did when i found a wallet in a club last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

I found a Philips MP3 player on the train the other day.........merry christmas me:D

Varkov wrote: »
    I found a Philips MP3 player on the train the other day.........merry christmas me:D

I hope you are joking and you actually returned it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

^ Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Advertisement