Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

smash and grab!

Options
  • 13-10-2007 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭

A number of cars were broken int last night, mine included.

keep an eye out for a jeep type car with young lads casing cars.

they were spotted around 6pm last night looking into cars around the crescent.

mine was broken into at 3.30am last night. The smashed the window and took my stereo, ipod, all my cds and mini discs and some other stuff.

I believe three others were broken into as well.

can i ask people that if and when they hear a car alarm go off in the middle of the night that they please call the gardai. mine was heard going off at 3.30 and again at 4 but noone bothered to call the gards.

the gards recovered fingerprints from my car so all i can hope is that they do something with them.

Matt

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

mine was broken into at 3.30am last night. The smashed the window and took my stereo, ipod, all my cds and mini discs and some other stuff.

feel for you man i really do.

but can i just say leaving ipods etc in the car like that is just asking someone to smash and grab in the first place. i'm fairly sure in most cars these days the face plate can be popped out at the pop of a button and taken with meaning scumbags wont even bother taking the stero without it in the first place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

the ipod was hidden, they just found it.

the stereo i had the faceplate wasn't removeable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

That is terrible matt.

I had something similar happen to me a few months ago. I had €1500 worth of drills stolen from the back of my van (2 Hilti drills). I had taken most of the valuable stuff out, but I can not 100% empty the van after every job. :mad:
    can i ask people that if and when they hear a car alarm go off in the middle of the night that they please call the gardai

The problem here is that most people have no faith in car alarms (or even house alarms). Every day we hear them going off. The only person that will react to your car alarm going off is you. There are alarms for cars out now that can phone/text you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 daithilocha

wee scumbags.. never leave antyhing you don't want robbed hidden or not in your motor.. sorry for your trouble but with the amount of alarms going off constantly around here you'll be lucky to find someone rings the cops.. neighbour hood watch methinks.. and speed ramps now.. nearly got rub over by suped up starlet. an orange one in the court.. looked like a terrys choc orange comming for me..!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Sorry to hear that. Let us know if the Gardai come back with any info. They really need to start addressing this in the area as there have been numerous car break-ins/thefts.

Did anyone hear the car skidding around last night, Sunday 14th, around 10.30? I'm up the top in the Court and could hear a car pulling donuts for over 5 minutes. I guess it was down by Superquinn. Anyone know if the cops turned up?
    I know I should have called it in - but assumed someone closer would do. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Mullie wrote: »
    I know I should have called it in - but assumed someone closer would do. :(

i thiink that this is the common problem...

"ah, sure someone else will do it"

Advertisement