Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slight OC/ CPU problem..

Options
  • 13-10-2007 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭

Right, well my rig is pretty much finally all together.. after about a year of bits here/there :D

Final build: E6600
    2gb Cellshock RAM
    Gigabyte p35C-DS3R mobo
    8800gtx
    Coolermaster stacker
    OCZ 520W psu
    loads of hd's
    etc

now, while I was at gamecon it was completed, and Chosen gracefully mildly overclocked it for me.. however it soon underclocked itself to 1.6GHz, and I've tried to change it back but to no avail..

so, any idea's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭CarefulNow

EIST is turned on. Nothing to worry about. You can turn it off in the bios. Put your system under full load and look at Cpu-z and the speed will go back to normal.
    Nice rig.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

it's on, but what was happening overclocked was it was hitting 2.8 full load, 2.4 idle. it's now 1.6 idle 1.8 load :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Take screenshots of your bios settings & we can help from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

How are you measuring it under load? Try using orthos to stress it, and run core temp at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Chosen

I'll say the same thing I told you when you first asked me:
    reset to default -> BIOS update -> power off -> try again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Right what ill do CM. The next time im close to you ill pop in and sort your rig out for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

HavoK wrote: »
    How are you measuring it under load? Try using orthos to stress it, and run core temp at the same time.

everest.. intel TAT.. speedfan, all show same.

Chosen: pfft.. impossible (for me :o)

Anti: thx <3

Advertisement