Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Andy Reid.

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Hes 5:7 and weights 11:8 which makes him overweight according to that site which if your working as in medical position in ireland is your bible (see who runs its).

Again nope, you're being deliberately obtuse.

Those websites are a general guide, they're not used as a medical reference by any doctor (and I don't work in Ireland) anywhere.

If you followed those sites, a 5'7 bodybuilder with 7% bodyfat could be overweight as could a size 8 girl with D-cup breasts.

But thats fact and not opinion dont let that flaunt your view of poor or unfit players being lauded as world class for ireland.
    your entire reasoning is based soley on your opinion and complete ignorance of the facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

psi wrote: »
    your entire reasoning is based soley on your opinion and complete ignorance of the facts.

The guy cant run :confused: it was proven in every minute where he had the ball.

You brought up scientific crap and i googled nutrition.ie

The guy has a history of being "overweight" or "struggling with weight " issues Yet you overlook that as a fan in order to put forward a medical point he is fit. Where its clearly obvious that he isnt.

As its my opinion that is complete ignorance of the facts, why does he play for Charlton if he is "that" good and "fit" ?

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The complete CMF thread pretty much sums up what a CMF should do, he cant do one but relies on others to help him with his shortcomings (tackling, running,getting the ball, running with the ball, obviously not needed but do help afaik).
    Put a tick beside Andrea Pirlo for all of those...

The guy cant run :confused: it was proven in every minute where he had the ball.

You brought up scientific crap and i googled nutrition.ie

The guy has a history of being "overweight" or "struggling with weight " issues Yet you overlook that as a fan in order to put forward a medical point he is fit. Where its clearly obvious that he isnt.

As its my opinion that is complete ignorance of the facts, why does he play for Charlton if he is "that" good and "fit" ?

nutrition.ie isn't an indicator of anything it's a guide for the general public in Ireland, who quite frankly - given what I saw on my last trip home, need a bit of basic nutritional advice. I'm fairly certain that Andy Reid has access to far more accurate and helpful resources than a website.

Just read the terms of use for the website (link at bottom of the page):
    This site and its health-related information and resources are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice or for the care that patients receive from their doctors or other health professionals.
    Nothing in this site, or the links accessible through it, is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment and information contained on this site should not be relied on for that purpose. Always seek the advice of a doctor before beginning any new treatment or if any questions arise regarding a medical condition.
    Medical advice should not be disregarded or the seeking of medical advice delayed because of something read on this site or the links accessible through it. nutrition.ie is not responsible or liable for any claim, loss or damage directly or indirectly resulting from the use of this site or the information or the resources contained on or accessible through this site.

Who is the record of being overweight with?

The only person he's worked with to say he was overweight was Gary Megson, who made the comment after he'd left Forest as an attempt to divert attention from his dismal management record.

Find me a link from one professional who stated that he was overweight while at the same club and I'll concede.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

So you think a midfielder who cant beat a man, cant run, cant tackle but has an excellent passing range when in time and space is a complete midfielder?

You would be off your head to play a player like Reid in central midfield vs a team like germany, he played on the wing in the PL for spurs for a reason!

kdjac

Where did I ever say he was the complete midfielder:confused:

I've said he was world class against Germany and have defended his ability to play and be a great central midfielder.

He can run, beat a man and tackle (he put in several effective tackles on Saturday).

I don't understand your last comment about needing to be off your head to play him there against the Germans after the performance that pointed to the contrary:confused: Are you sure you were watching the right game?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Enough is enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement