Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet SMTP (i.e. outgoing) mail server.

Options
  • 13-10-2007 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone have the server address for sending emails for Magnet customers?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭MeWantBroadband

Hi,
    Anyone have the server address for sending emails for Magnet customers?

Thanks.

Bumped. Anyone using magnet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

I was going to ask if you'd tried emailing but then I realised that would be a cruel joke ;) You're probably faster ringing their first level support if you've already waited three days for a reply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

I use magnet,
    I can check the settings when I get home and let you know if you havent
    managed to ring magnet and get the settings from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭bungholio

smtp.magnet.ie

sham69 wrote: »
    I use magnet,
    I can check the settings when I get home and let you know if you havent
    managed to ring magnet and get the settings from them.

I was told by their support that it was smtp.magnet.ie.

Thunderbird reports "Unable to connect to SMTP server..."

Perhaps TB is giving a misleading error message and I need to specify more security info, but if not, then that address does not exist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

i don't get it. im always using the email address provider's smtp, smtp.gmail.com for instance. works excellent

fl4pj4ck wrote: »
    i don't get it. im always using the email address provider's smtp, smtp.gmail.com for instance. works excellent

I have an Eircom account as part of their free dialup. If you try to use their SMTP server from another ISP, it will (intermittently funnily enough) give errors about your IP not being allowed.

In general you are recommended to use your ISPs SMTP server, and they will know your IP is a customer not some spammer and send the email for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

Sorry for dredging up an old thread, but the SMTP server is smtp.netsource.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

mail.netsource.ie is the correct one. We have dsl and fibre from them and this is what we have always used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mollymushroom

mail.netsource.ie worked perfect for me,thanx that has been buggin me for ages

• Advertisement
Advertisement