Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

need advice on mazda 3

Options
  • 13-10-2007 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi guys
    Im thinking of buying a mazda 3 saloon. 06 or 07 in jan.
    is this a good car to buy is it relible. i had a mazda 323. 00.
    and it was a nice car to drive but was very hard on petrol.
    is the 3 the same. any advice i would be very gratefully.

thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

One of the most reliable around. New engines would be on a par with anything else in their class really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

It has a Ford chassis and Ford engines. Well one is a Mazda engine(the 2.3 MPS), but the cooking models are all Ford engines or Peugeot-Citroen engines in the case of diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

E92 wrote: »
    It has a Ford chassis and Ford engines. Well one is a Mazda engine(the 2.3 MPS), but the cooking models are all Ford engines or Peugeot-Citroen engines in the case of diesel.

The 1.6 diesel is a Peugeot unit shared with Ford/Volvo/Citroen/Mazda. Wasn't aware that the petrol engines were shared.

Mazda are amongst the most reliable brands around and the 3 is around long enough to have any teething bugs ironed out.

The petrol engines are exactly the same as those found in the Focus and countless other Ford group cars, including the Volvo S40.

Most Mazdas do have their own petrol engines(incidentally the 2.0 diesel is a Mazda engine) now that the new 2 is about(the old 2 also had Ford engines), but the 3 is one of those that doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭james92

Thanks for getting back to me guys.
    Is it easier on petrol then the 323. And dose any one no if there is a new 3 coming out. Theirs a new 6 out next year and theirs a new 2 out now.
    I don’t went to buy a 3 and then they bring out a new model

Thanks guys.

james

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

E92 wrote: »
    The petrol engines are exactly the same as those found in the Focus and countless other Ford group cars, including the Volvo S40.

Most Mazdas do have their own petrol engines(incidentally the 2.0 diesel is a Mazda engine) now that the new 2 is about(the old 2 also had Ford engines), but the 3 is one of those that doesn't.

Are you sure that the 1.3 engine as fitted to the Mazda 3 is a Ford engine? Its not fitted to any Ford model that I know of. I always understood it to be Mazda's own.

Spit62500 wrote: »
    Are you sure that the 1.3 engine as fitted to the Mazda 3 is a Ford engine? Its not fitted to any Ford model that I know of. I always understood it to be Mazda's own.

No 1.3 in the Mazda 3. Base engine in the 3 is a 1.4 with 79 bhp.
    As found in the Ford Focus(both Mk1 and Mk2), Fiesta,European Fusion and old Mazda 2.

Unless you're thinking of the Mazda 323, that car had all Mazda engines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

At 1349 cc technically its a 1.3 even if Mazda's Irish site calls it a 1.4. Marketing :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 mike0048

Hi. my sister had a mazda 3 saloon. 05
    it is a good car to buy . but was very hard on petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

mike0048 wrote: »
    Hi. my sister had a mazda 3 saloon. 05
    it is a good car to buy . but was very hard on petrol.

Try the 3 MPS if you want 'hard on petrol'!! Mazda have a good reliablity record and i cant imagine thier average petrol engines are too bad on fuel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

there is no new mazda 3 coming out til 2009. the h/back models will now be coming standard with spolier and an option of larger alloy wheels. there is also a new spec, limited edition, sakata, which will be available soon.

mazda 3's are not hard on petrol. the mazda 3 mps...well thats a whole other ball game. the only car that has ever given me whiplash and that was just from about an hours driving...

the diesel especially has a very good consumption. i was driving a 1.6p and doing about €50 driving a week. now in the 1.6 diesel i am doing the same mileage, and its working out about €30. its swerves when it see's filling stations!! and the torque from the diesel never makes it a boring drive. slightly noisy on start up but driving u cud barely tell.

with regard used, one of the best residual valued cars on the road. a 3 year warranty. there is very few on the road and they sell like hot cakes, even my friend who works in a peugeot dealership says he loves when one comes in.

what would be the best time of year to pickup a 06 mazda 1.6 p

oh i dunno...weird time of year. the 06 touring spec doesnt come standard with alloys but still has color codings and a/c

mazda don't do hire drives or the likes so do some homework* and you'll pick up a lovely one...

*pm me ;)

Hi guys

just booked my mazda 3 today for 2008.
    Thanks for all your help with this.

thanks

james

just as a matter of interest...did you have a trade in? if not, what sort of discount did you get?

Im tradeing in my ford focus 1.4 LX 02 it has 75,0000 miles the Mazda is 22,0000. i have to pay 14,600 Euro. for a 2008 mazda jan.
    do you think this is a good.

james92 wrote: »
    Im tradeing in my ford focus 1.4 LX 02 it has 75,0000 miles the Mazda is 22,0000. i have to pay 14,600 Euro. for a 2008 mazda jan.
    do you think this is a good.

james it depends on what spec and model your mazda 3 is, saloon or hatch, comfort, touring or sport, petrol or diesel

???

mazda 3 saloon comfort, petrol 1.6 2008

yeah you got a good enough deal then. they gave you 7400 for your own and from looking at carzone, with your mileage, the asking price is about 8-9. they must not of made much profit on their mazda but u dont care about that haha!

Advertisement