Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6131 vs Motorola KRZR ??? O2 Cust needs help

• 13-10-2007 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

I'm a speakeasy customer on the O2 network. I want to upgrade my phone and would like to know if there are any disasters ahead if I choose one of these phones???

I have looked at the range of specs available to me (as a Speakeasy cust)and both are the winners based on my criteria.

I am no phone expert and would appreciate any recommendations or criticisms.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If you tell us your criteria we might be able to suggest something else for you.

As for those 2 phones ... the k1 has a 2MP camera against the Nokias 1.3MP. That's the only major thing, as far as I know.

I'd personally go for the Nokia as the keypad is much clearer, the screen is much larger and it's easier to navigate and use than the Motorola interface (my opinion, but shared by millions :) )

++ edit ++
    Here's a comparison of the phones: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1646&idPhone1=1434

K1 suggests longer battery life, bluetooth audio streaming and that's about all I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I'd go with Motorola as having owned a Nokia, Sagem, Panasonic, Motorola and other phone manufacturers, I find them the best.

I think the interface on the Motorola's are better and the iTap is a thousand times better than T9 predictive input if you type in English and not txt spk :p

However, if your used to Nokia's, it'll take a bit of getting used to. Overall, I'd buy Motorola before other manufacturers if buying again, I do have a V3 and not a KRZR though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

brim4brim wrote: »
    I'd go with Motorola as having owned a Nokia, Sagem, Panasonic, Motorola and other phone manufacturers, I find them the best.

I think the interface on the Motorola's are better and the iTap is a thousand times better than T9 predictive input if you type in English and not txt spk :p

However, if your used to Nokia's, it'll take a bit of getting used to. Overall, I'd buy Motorola before other manufacturers if buying again, I do have a V3 and not a KRZR though.
    And you're making all of this up, right? You have a V3 and you love Motorola? right ... who's next? Bet you got a working 3 modem aswell ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

ciaranfo wrote: »
    If you tell us your criteria we might be able to suggest something else for you.

As for those 2 phones ... the k1 has a 2MP camera against the Nokias 1.3MP. That's the only major thing, as far as I know.

I'd personally go for the Nokia as the keypad is much clearer, the screen is much larger and it's easier to navigate and use than the Motorola interface (my opinion, but shared by millions :) )

++ edit ++
    Here's a comparison of the phones: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1646&idPhone1=1434

K1 suggests longer battery life, bluetooth audio streaming and that's about all I can see.

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, this is the type of info I was looking for - ease of navigation, keypad, etc. Also that web site link is great.

Advertisement