Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Broadband problems

Options
  • 13-10-2007 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

Any help from you guys would be hugely appreciated. Im going absolutly wild having come from my old connection of 1mb/sec. :(

My symptoms are:

1 extremely slow speeds
    2 cuts out often
    3 terrible latency
    4 If I am downloading something and switch program (even it has nothing to do with the internet) the speed drops or even cuts off.

I was on BT 3mb bb til they downgraded me to 1mb :(

Im using a WAG200G router.

Cheers

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 l33t-krew

5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg

9.jpg
    10.jpg
    11.jpg
    12.jpg
    13.jpg

I bet you 56k people love me :D

My speeds range from 30kbps-20bytes/sec

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Your line stats are poor but should still be good enough for a stable 1meg connection.
    A few questions,
    Is this an ongoing problem or something that started out of the blue?
    How long did you have the 3 meg connection before it was downgraded and was it ever stable?
    Did you do any basic troubleshooting to try identify something in your home setup that might be causing the problem?
    How far are you from the exchange?

You could start with the following.
    Disconnect everything from the phoneline, phones, sky digibox, modem and filters.

Unplug the modem from the power and connect it directly into the Eircom master socket, without a filter, then power it up. Check the sync speed again for any improvement.

If there is still no improvement, thry a different phone cable from the modem to the phone socket.

Try a different phone socket.

Try a different modem.

Finally disconnect all extension sockets in the house, if possible, and check internal phone wiring.

Thats really as much as you can do yourself. If the problem still persists it's most likely a line fault of an exchange fault.

Advertisement