Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Meteor problems

• 13-10-2007 11:42pm

Long story short, I changed my number because I was getting some unwelcome attention from someone. I used a Vodafone SIM I had lying around but ported that number to Meteor yesterday.

But I've had nothing but problems since. I can't set up free texts, sending the text to 50104 produces no reply, attempting to do so online reports "Sorry, due to an internal error, we cannot process your request at this time." and it will not save my registration details when I enter them into My Meteor. I also couldn't send or receive picture messages earlier but I think that's sorted itself out now... yes my settings are correct. :p

The whole reason I ported was for the free texts promotion, if I can't get it then there's little point in staying, the only thing being so my friends can text me freely. 1905 claim that there's a problem but can't do anything about it at the moment, the rep I was dealing with tried to register me but couldn't either. What am I meant to do about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

When did they say they would have the problem resolved? Did they say they were working on it?

I would imagine that if you're charged in error for what should be free texts that they will credit it back to you when the issues resolved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Someone posted somewhere else that they are changing some internal system that is breaking some things. He was talking about the *#101# number for details of last call or something like that being broken so maybe it effected this too.

I guess you either wait or flee if this is the case. I'm with Meteor and have not had many problems with them over the years but I did have a failed call on Thursday for some reason. Never had that happen before.

They are a grand network and they throw savings at you from the time I've been with them. You get free credit for topping up by 20 Euro and I have free texts for life as long as I top up by 20 Euro a month so I'm pretty happy with them.

However they aren't a 3G network and are a bit lazy on that side of things so I'm thinking of leaving them myself because I want to get a HSDPA phone with bluetooth so I can go online with my laptop anywhere.

ciaranfo wrote: »
    When did they say they would have the problem resolved? Did they say they were working on it?

I would imagine that if you're charged in error for what should be free texts that they will credit it back to you when the issues resolved?
    Neither. Just said to try again later and call back if it doesn't get resolved.

I only noticed yesterday about the *#101# being disabled, I used to occasionally use it on my old number. Everything worked perfectly there, annoys me that I had to change it. :(

I even had trouble calling 1905, took me about 5 attempts to actually get through to someone. And the system which asks you to enter your number didn't recognise mine as a Meteor number and I had to press 2 as if I weren't a customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i've had no meteor wap service or mms since this morning and had same problem two days ago but they seemed to sort that in two hours! whats going on METEOR?? i recieved a mms message earlier but could not send have tried two sims in three phones and its definitaly network issue! is the meteor upgrade going to surpass the infamous "3"broadband upgrade for reduction of service?

Well I was having problems with GPRS earlier but they've fixed that now.

The provider who gave me the least grief was O2, but they also took the most of my money. ;) Other than that I haven't a bad word to say about them. It's probably a "you get what you pay for" lesson.

• Advertisement

Karsini wrote: »
    Well I was having problems with GPRS earlier but they've fixed that now.

The provider who gave me the least grief was O2, but they also took the most of my money. ;) Other than that I haven't a bad word to say about them. It's probably a "you get what you pay for" lesson.

most likely but didn't o2 have that disastrous i-mode haha what a joke that was! 1cent/kb just to browse crappy sites same as three's mobile broadband range of sites:D but back to meteor still not working in carlow:(

foggy_lad wrote: »
    most likely but didn't o2 have that disastrous i-mode haha what a joke that was! 1cent/kb just to browse crappy sites same as three's mobile broadband range of sites:D but back to meteor still not working in carlow:(
    Well I never used imode.

Now that you say it I tried mine and it's gone again - "packet data not available."

Karsini wrote: »
    Well I never used imode, twas before my time lol.

Now that you say it I tried mine and it's gone again - "packet data not available."

haha must ring them in morning and get told the settings may have deleted themselves or changed themselves again! or that i am the only customer with this problem lol or turn phone off for half an hour (by which time normal service will have resumed)

still no service with meteor! turned off phone stood on my head and read old moores almanac while knitting booties for hampsters but still nothing! using two sims in 4 different phones now and no wap or mms since yesterday afternoon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭RobbieMc

Sounds to me like your porting has not completed properly, also are you using a meteor phone or a vodafone or O2 phone. These can cause issues when trying to use some meteor services like MMS and WAP. Esp if the settings for the old operator are still set to default.
    Ring 1905 if your still having issues, if the rep in question cann't help ask for a supervisor.
    Hope you get sorted soon

• Advertisement

RobbieMc wrote: »
    Sounds to me like your porting has not completed properly, also are you using a meteor phone or a vodafone or O2 phone. These can cause issues when trying to use some meteor services like MMS and WAP. Esp if the settings for the old operator are still set to default.
    Ring 1905 if your still having issues, if the rep in question cann't help ask for a supervisor.
    Hope you get sorted soon
    I'm using a SIM free Nokia 6680, generic firmware. Things still aren't working properly for me today, I'll probably just have to ring them again.

Advertisement