Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's a weird one

Options
  • 13-10-2007 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭

I'm unsure which forum to post this in but I think this is the right one. If it's not, mods feel free to move it.

So, I have a set of speakers I got with a gateway computer ages ago. I used to live in town A, town B and now living in town C. In town A, if i had my speakers on and I got a call on my mobile from anywhere in my house, my speakers would freak out. You know that interference (dih diddy dih diddy dih)? Or when my phone pinged the network, I got a text message, and so on. Same goes for any mobile phone in the house. I put it down to crap speakers right. So I moved to town B, and it was the same here, the very same.

I'm now living in town C, and it's not happening at all. There is absolutely no interference from any mobile phones and my speakers. Does anybody know why this might be? I'm totally stumped by this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

You might be living closer to the mobile phone mast, mobile phones can vary the power level depending on signal strength from the mast, this could be the cause of the interference. Another option could be better electrical wiring in the new house, interference from the phone/mast could have been coupled into the speaker system through the electrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

It's also possible that the speakers only pick up interference over a narrow range of frequency's, and the new local mast is using a different frequency range then previous houses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭pid()

Thanks a million for clearing that up Rob, I was kinda freaked. And to think I was going to buy new speakers because of this! :o

Advertisement