Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pet Hates

• 14-10-2007 12:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭

Would like to hear some peoples views on this one.

Heres mine:

-People using credit cards to buy 1 or 2 items in the newsagent
    -A picture of bloody Jordan on the front of every OK or Hello Magazine. Seriously, the woman lives on the covers of these.
    -Queues, mainly in traffic, in shopping & at bank queues with people putting in their cards into the wall more than once.
    -Slow drivers on twisty back roads doing 30mph in a 50mph zone for no reason with a train of cars including me behind them.
    - When your phone rings in your jeans pocket while driving.
    - Irelands weather system with its "scattered showers". 1 minute its dry, then it rains, then stops, brilliant. Then it rains again.
    -Rap videos the bling by the ton load - jewellery, muscles, cars, hot women etc. Boring.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

May I address your points sir?

sometimes the ATM queue is ****ing massive!
    -A picture of bloody Jordan on the front of every OK or Hello Magazine. Seriously, the woman lives on the covers of these.
    someone should send her to mars
    -Queues, mainly in traffic, in shopping & at bank queues with people putting in their cards into the wall more than once.
    grr... use online banking and know how much money you have before you go looking for it!
    -Slow drivers on twisty back roads doing 30mph in a 50mph zone for no reason with a train of cars including me behind them.
    50mph is not a target! it should be the minimum permissable speed however ;)
    just answer it and shout madly "one second, one second" for about 5 mins until the person gives in and hangs up
    - Irelands weather system with its "scattered showers". 1 minute its dry, then it rains, then stops, brilliant. Then it rains again.
    this is fantastic. european heatwaves suck. dont mock this.
    -Rap videos the bling by the ton load - jewellery, muscles, cars, hot women etc. Boring.
    yes. . hot women .. boring .. just pack them all into my house will you and ill sort the problem out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

I probably should have said nothing about the hot women.

The problem I have with the phone is that its a nightmare getting it out of the pocket while sitting in the driving seat with a belt across the lap and the driving to do. The sensible thing to do of course, would be to leave it on the dash, but I never seem to remember to do this, so i usually just let it ring out.

I guess your kinda right in a way about the weather. Ive been in an Arizona heat wave. Hell.

That's right. You knocked and complained about all those hot women. it's the hot Arizona countryside for you sir! :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

my mam got a little blue sheet of something that stuck onto the dashboard, and kept the phone frmo sliding around while she was driving

pretty neat

Mordeth wrote: »
    my mam got a little blue sheet of something that stuck onto the dashboard, and kept the phone frmo sliding around while she was driving

pretty neat
    They sell them in Dunnes in Blanchardstown. They don't work if your phone doesn't have a flat back though.. that ruled out my k800i :(

Of course, he has to remember to put the phone on it. Maybe you'd like to try some pirate memory games? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Double negatives.

ciaranfo wrote: »
    They sell them in Dunnes in Blanchardstown. They don't work if your phone doesn't have a flat back though.. that ruled out my k800i :(

Of course, he has to remember to put the phone on it. Maybe you'd like to try some pirate memory games? :D

Ill probably just get and A4 page ripped out and sellotape it to the dash with the words "Place phone here when driving" and an arrow pointing with a big blotting pen. Easy.

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Ill probably just get and A4 page ripped out and sellotape it to the dash with the words "Place phone here when driving" and an arrow pointing with a big blotting pen. Easy.
    I like this idea! I'm willing to invest in this product!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Would like to hear some peoples views on this one.

You asked. I will answer.

It seems to me that you are a very impatient person who should read up on the rules of the road.

Im fine with the rules of the road, but I do agree that I get very frustrated in traffic delays but the delays are so bad in Dublin that its something I cant help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Man I hate everything
    *Dublin
    *Fish
    *Fake tan
    *Souped up cars and the idiots who drive them
    *tracksuits outside of the gym
    *D4 accents and fashion
    *children
    *Every single radio station in Ireland
    *Soap operas
    *Womens magazines
    *Dance music
    *Rap music
    *Emo
    *Whiney singer songwriters
    *Rich kid indie bands a la Keane, The Kooks etc
    *Coldplay
    *U2
    *Salad
    *Smoking
    *Motorists who drive straight through pedestrian crossings when I'm crossing the road
    *Motorists who dont indicate
    *the elderly

etc etc the list is endless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Top of the list is...

-People waiting for every last grocery item bagged and THEN root in the bag for purse before counting out a bunch of change or worse, writing a cheque! :/
    -Rap music
    -Child television stars who won't go away, the chap who played one of the Partridge Family and the twit who played Bobby Brady.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The problem I have with the phone is that its a nightmare getting it out of the pocket while sitting in the driving seat

It seems to me that you are a very impatient person who should read up on the rules of the road.

Stop putting your phone in your pocket, it's not fúcking rocket science lad. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

People who stay in bed until two or three in the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Pet hate??

My neighbour has a pet dog who doesn't stop f***ing barking from 8am to 11pm every f***ing day......and guess what?.........I F**KING HATE IT :mad:

Hmmm......maybe I should post this in the shooting forum and one of those lads can help with a solution.

Oh yeah that annoys me. Unless you're a shift worker theres no excuse for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

ciaranfo wrote: »
    someone should send her to mars

You could send her to me for a few nights, although I would probably get better results throwing a few sausages up O'Connell St !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

When people pronounce year 'yurrr' and use the word 'an' in front of a word that begins with h (non-silent) like historic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Nightwish wrote: »

There is an excuse. Bed is nice....

I'm in it right now... hahahaha... plus I'm in a time zone that's an hour ahead of you... 3pm here I come!

I have a friend who, on his day off tends to waste most of his day.
    And if he was on the beer the night before......
    Don't understand it?

• Advertisement

My boyfriend does it. When he's on holidays from work he'd rather lie in bed all day than say...go on holiday.

I was in The Canaries last week with another lad and he was the same.
    Every morning I was up a couple hours before him! Even on holidays!
    Why?! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

Well that was me yesterday, a week of having no choice, but working late to get stuff finished, will generally do that to ya!!

Some stuff that pisses me off:
    1. People using credit/laser cards in a petrol station, and there's a queue
    2. People using self service checkout in Tescos, with way over 10 items.
    3. People taking full blown private calls in work, and not going away from the desk to take them, and they speak too loud.
    4. Motorists who don't know what an indicator is.
    5. Same as above with in regards to: roundabouts, parallel parking, going too damn slow for my liking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Staying in bed until the mid afternoon is annoying if done on a regular basis or after a night on the sup...but it's excusable as an extremely rare treat if you're genuinely knackered and actually sleep until 2 or 3, rather than just loafing.

I hate crappy radio stations, boring offices, insurance companies, banks, ads, liars, bad drivers, drones, idiots, mould on bread, burnt food, and Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Man I hate everything
    *Fake tan (it should all be nuked, every last drop)
    *Souped up cars and the idiots who drive them
    *children (some kids are nice but 90% are not)
    *Every single radio station in Ireland
    *Soap operas (that irish one set in offaly wasn't too bad, pure mule or something like that)
    *Womens magazines (magazines in general suck)
    *Dance music (in little pieces its bearable)
    *Rap music (like some of it, but like black metal it starts to all sound the same eventually)
    *Emo
    *Whiney singer songwriters
    *Smoking (the smoking bans rocks)
    *Motorists who drive straight through pedestrian crossings when I'm crossing the road
    *Motorists who dont indicate
    *the elderly (especially the ones WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING, yet know f*ck all in truth)

let me add
    *fake boobs
    *Cheese
    *eggs
    *manchester united
    *most of LA
    *secondary school system in ireland
    *irish roads
    *Irish weather

rossie1977 wrote: »
    let me add
    *fake boobs
    *Irish weather

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

A door constantly knocking off the door frame in a draught.

Housemates not opening the window and closing the door after having a shower or taking a smelly dump.

People working behind a deli counter who have no idea how to make a roll, and give you a mass of food balancing on a piece of bread, and carefully wrapping it before handing it to you. How do they expect you to eat these things?

Groups of people standing talking in the doorway to a shop (im looking at you, gangs of foreign students) and not moving despite people constantly asking them to get out of the way.

Badly placed roadworks signs that make the road even more dangerous.

Obese women who wear skimpy clothes. Don't listen to Mika; Unbeknown to you, he's causing you to publicly humiliate yourself.

Boy racers with the horrible sounding exhaust, blaring out pounding, repetitive dance (almost rave) music, complete with helium vocals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Have to agree with-

motorists who appear to have forgotten where their indicator is... perhaps they like the mystery of us 'guessing' where they are going

people who don't know how to make a wrap/sandwich etc..
    No I don't like having a SQUARE of wrap with a wadge of filling that just might kill someone if I hit them with it

adding-

people who hate self service checkouts but insist on going to them and constantly complain when it won't work

people who drive up your backside in traffic / beep at you for letting someone turn (when clearly it's not actually holding anyone up because the traffic in front is stopped anyway!)

people who CRAWL down a busy path in town and then decided suddenly to stop right in front of you to ponder the rest of their day...

I'm sure there's more...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

The way 99% of people on-line have this unreal self- belief that their hard ,tough as nails and have the ability to kick the s**t out of anybody at the drop of a hat.
    Oh the joys of on-line anonymity

Ps wonder how long before some on-line macho man comes on and states the usual " shut up or i'll slap you......... type crap.

• Advertisement

I was in The Canaries last week with another lad and he was the same.
    Every morning I was up a couple hours before him! Even on holidays!
    Why?! :mad:

I tried to get the boyfriend out of bed at around 12:15. Its nearly half 2 now and still no sign of him :rolleyes:

I tried to get the boyfriend out of bed at around 12:15. Its nearly half 2 now and still no sign of him :rolleyes:

Ha!
    You should invest in a electric cattle prod :rolleyes: Link
    That would get him moving!

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    The way 99% of people on-line have this unreal self- belief that their hard ,tough as nails and have the ability to kick the s**t out of anybody at the drop of a hat.
    Oh the joys of on-line anonymity

Ps wonder how long before some on-line macho man comes on and states the usual " shut up or i'll slap you......... type crap.
    About this long.

STFU or I'll kick the crap out of you.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

My biggest pet hate - getting a Coke with a f*cking slicce of lemon in it. I don't particularly like lemons, and it does nothing to improve the Coke but every barman in the country does it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

WOW 2 HOURS 17 MINS

that is 2 hours 15 mins longer than I though..:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

My pet hates;
    1.People who park in wheelchair spaces without a permit. Drives me mental. (Wheelchair users cannot get out of their cars if they park in an ordinary space, they are too narrow.)
    2.Drivers who don't say thanks when you let them out. Ignorant b*****ds
    3.Parents who insist on having 'out loud' conversations with their kids in the supermarket. You know the type....Dad is usually wearing hemp shorts(circa 1975) complete with sandals and brown socks. And can be heard saying things like 'Fiachra, you cannot have anything else, you already had a rice cake.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

humbert wrote: »
    Double negatives.

Or quadruple negatives-

Scumbag to garda: 'I didnt do nothin'.......

and then turning to the girlfriend 'Didnt I not?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

When the person in front of you in Tesco is doing their weekly shop and you're only getting one thing and they don't let you ahead.

Skangers listening to their ringtones and "music" on buses.

Skangers in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

-Heavy metal music, just a bunch of long haired tossers screaming their heads off
    -Goths and Emos
    -Scumbags
    -People who pretend to be drunk
    -Loud spanish people on buses
    -Beyonce
    -The pundits on RTE sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 T-Boner

I hate,

1. Kerry Katona.
    2. Glenda Gilson (is that the wagons name who's in 'The Star' every day)
    3. Spar and Centra shops, because I only speak English :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17 nightfox

Women who get on the bus and spend 5 minutes counting their fares while the bus driver is parked waiting for them to pay.
    Stupid f**kers who while walking in town (grafton street etc..) decide to stop in front of you without any notice... these people need to be pushed on their faces.
    Rich kids.
    Every version of MS Windows.
    Junkies falling around St. Stephens Green (and town in general) when you are trying to enjoy a nice day.
    All forms of "Pop" music.
    Prison Break.
    Londis shops.
    Traffic.
    Prepubescent skater wannabe rock punks who congregate at the central bank throwing their hormones around.

more to follow...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

LOL! When I first saw your thread title a water swimming constrictor snake popped into my mind. Anaconda? I swim at night doing a lot of laps and this joker scared the heck out of me when he brought his snake and slipped him in the pool. You never saw anyone move so fast as me exiting the pool! So if I had a "pet" hate, it would be that snake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Terry wrote: »
    About this long.

STFU or I'll kick the crap out of you.

Dammit, no need to extert yourself. I'll do it for a laugh.

Nice one.

Unless that guy is lighter than snow on a rope, I'd be struggling to be able to carry out my threat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Outer Bongolia

Napper Tandy. He just bugs me so much! I can't go a single day without seeing his face on some billboard or something

I have a friend who, on his day off tends to waste most of his day.
    And if he was on the beer the night before......
    Don't understand it?

Waste by your definition. Each to their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I hate these threads that pop up here with frightening regularity asking everyone to list stuff that annoys them...and I really hate it because there's a sticky for that intended purpose....and I really really hate it when someone unstickied the sticky that used to be there that leads to these threads in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i hate wertz

there, i said it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Join the feckin' list tbh...

Hug?

Hate hugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Hate:
    Beyonce,
    Britney Spears,
    Tabloids,
    Taxi Drivers,
    Most Gardai,
    People wearing tracksuits in the pub,
    Tracksuits in general,
    Liverpool jerseys,
    People who look for arguments,
    Emo's that hang out on Paul St in Cork.
    Sheep (as in easily led people with no brain).
    Crystal ear studs,
    Popular haircuts....
    People who call re-raises with AJ.
    Calling Stations,
    Honda Civics,
    Scumbags.
    People who try too hard to be different and claim to be random when in actual fact they're just complete tards.
    Bad grammar!
    People who think it's ok to put their hands in your food to take a chip.

I need help!

• Advertisement
Advertisement