Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New road at Tyrellstown.

Options
  • 14-10-2007 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭

Do you think the new road at the Tyrellstown roundabout (ext of Cruisrath Road.) leading down to the Damastown Ind Est will alleviate traffic volumes on the Church Road and Ladyswell Road in the mornings and evenings?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'd say it will have a good impact, in the mornings and the evenings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Hopefully as this would stop the likes of me using the Church Road to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

The new road should help the traffic situation in Mulhuddart vilage. I belive that the works at the new roundabout close to the grave yard should be finished at the end of Nov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It would need to be, was up there last week and it is dangerous the way it has been currently left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Not long now before it should be opened...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 karry1412

God, I hope so!!

1st week in December I believe ?

I see all the new road signs are almost up as some of them which were covered with black plastic bags have now blown off in the recent wind and rainy weather.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ciaran76 wrote: »
    I see all the new road signs are almost up as some of them which were covered with black plastic bags have now blown off in the recent wind and rainy weather.

I was only saying to my wife as we drove by the new signs isn't it a typical half-arsed approach to a problem. Surely they could use some magnetic strips or something to temporarily blank out the bits they need to, rather than a load of black bin liners and a roll of gaffer tape? :)

As for the new road itself - I think it will help, especially north-bound, but traffic coming from Tyrellstown south-bound will get stuck at Kepak heading towards Clonee, Castaheany, Dunboyne and beyond. It's already bad there in the evenings as the bridge at Clonee is one-way, so I expect that to get a bit worse. It'll probably build up in Damastown also.

Yeah the keepak road is terrible so to avoid this I take the next turn off on that roundabout in Tyrellstown which brings you eventually to that other roundabout from the off ramp on the far side of the keepak road. I find it better anyway.

Sorry about the lame directions, I can explain better later if needs be.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Sorry about the lame directions, I can explain better later if needs be.

Please do, am always on the lookout for new routes. :D Are you talking about the road that brings you to Kilbride? I went that way once from Tyrellstown and the road was like a mud track, it was in bits.

Hopefully you're talking about a different road. :)

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Please do, am always on the lookout for new routes. :D Are you talking about the road that brings you to Kilbride? I went that way once from Tyrellstown and the road was like a mud track, it was in bits.

Hopefully you're talking about a different road. :)

Yep thats the 1 and they re-surfaced it about 2-3 months ago. But I would warn you to drive carefully on it as we seen a car in the ditch last night as the road is very dark.

No sign of this road opening still , I wonder whats going on ?

No sign of this road opening still , I wonder whats going on ?

Busy building the toll plaza...;)

Just read a report on this new road last night , I think it was on the fingal website.
    Anyway looks like this road could cause more traffic problems on the Keepak road as more cars will get there quicker leaving it to back up quicker. It will be intresting to see what happens.

Anyway looks like this road could cause more traffic problems on the Keepak road as more cars will get there quicker leaving it to back up quicker. It will be intresting to see what happens.

I have a feeling that you are going to right on this one. Unless Fingal decide to change the traffic light sequence at that junction. Unfortunately joined up thinking is not a strong point when it comes to our particular local authority.

PauloMN wrote: »
    I was only saying to my wife as we drove by the new signs isn't it a typical half-arsed approach to a problem. Surely they could use some magnetic strips or something to temporarily blank out the bits they need to, rather than a load of black bin liners and a roll of gaffer tape? :)

Yeah, waste some (more) of our (tax payers) money for something temporary. BTW magnetic strips won't work on an aluminium surface in any case.

Here is link to the an Pleanala report I was talking about.

Its a word doc !!!

www.pleanala.ie/REP/123/R123836.DOC

What could be causing the delay in getting it opened?:confused:

Don't know to be honest. Also seen some lads doing some work in there on the road this week.

They need to fix the roundabout where this road will eventually end up because it has massive potholes and the road looks likes it been ripped to ribbons by trucks.

I spoke with Councillor Michael O'Donovan who is the local Labour councillor for the area on Tuesday 15th about the new road.

The information Michael received from the Fingal Co. Co Roads Department, is that a final course (layer) of Tarmacadam is to be laid and that the road should be open in approximatley four weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

According to the signs, the road is already open to Irish speakers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

It's open now.

murphaph wrote: »
    It's open now.

Aye, as from about 18h00. Nice.:)

Just read a report on this new road last night , I think it was on the fingal website.

Well I was right. Last night I used the road on the way home from work and the traffic was terrible once we came off the roundabout and were heading for Clonee.

Think I will go back to using the back road for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Traffics always dreadful there anyway in the evenings, the new road wouldn't have alot to do with that. It will take traffic heading that way out of Mulhuddart though which can only be a good thing.
    The road is pretty useless though without direct access to the N3 Navan direction.

Jip wrote: »
    Traffics always dreadful there anyway in the evenings, the new road wouldn't have alot to do with that. It will take traffic heading that way out of Mulhuddart though which can only be a good thing.
    The road is pretty useless though without direct access to the N3 Navan direction.

Oh yeah I agree but the traffic gets there quicker now so it blocks up the Keepak road much quicker then general as its just moving the traffic from one junction to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

hi,
    coming from tyrellstown you end up on the dunboyne side of the village!!!

Advertisement