Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland vs England U21

• 14-10-2007 12:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭

I read in the programme last night at the game that this is on in Turners Cross on Tuesday. Does anyone know of the ticketing details and if you can pay on the gate. Might take the night off to see how Michael Spillane does in his second game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

kensutz wrote: »
    I read in the programme last night at the game that this is on in Turners Cross on Tuesday. Does anyone know of the ticketing details and if you can pay on the gate. Might take the night off to see how Michael Spillane does in his second game.

If your around earlier in the day you can probably get tickets at Lennox's dry cleaners, just up from Barrack St, very near UCC. The tickets are around 30e i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

tickets are 25 bob and can be got from ticketmaster, the MFA offices at Turner's Cross, or the Horseshoe Bar next to the ground.

You cant get them from lennox's laundrette

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Thanks Roar, I'll get them early on Tuesday morning if I can.

Roar wrote: »
    tickets are 25 bob and can be got from ticketmaster, the MFA offices at Turner's Cross, or the Horseshoe Bar next to the ground.

You cant get them from lennox's laundrette

bugger, im out of date :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

i fear for Ireland in this one Pearce's team is packed with premiership talent including Luke Moore, Gabby Ablonglahor and Theo Walcott upfront

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if it's sold out? Went on to Ticketmaster and it says that no tickets are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

If tickets are still available I might go along to support Steven Taylor, their captain fantastic, and James Milner. And the Irish lads of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

kinaldo wrote: »
    If tickets are still available I might go along to support Steven Taylor, their captain fantastic, and James Milner. And the Irish lads of course.

Wear your newcastle jersey to it please :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

kinaldo wrote: »

This is you this is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Wear your newcastle jersey to it please :D

kdjac
    Which one? I'd wear the Irish jersey if I had one...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Team named.

Randolph
    Nolan--Keogh---O'Dea(c)---O'Halloran
    O'Brien---Garvan---Quinn
    ----Clarke
    Downes
    Stokes---

It's an incredibly attacking team. The 3 strikers are all out and out strikers. In midfield - Quinn is a skillful attacking player who played a few times in the premiership last season. He's only 5'6 though and I wouldn't have thought he'd be able for central midfield. O'Brien is a Celtic player who usually plays up front for the reserves. He spent last season at Dunfermline on the right wing and he's also very attacking. Garvan is a playmaker.

It really will be interesting to see how a team as attacking as that gets on.

especially against a team with players like the England U-21's have

Garvan keeps on improving every time I see him. That or else he just improves his game for the East Anglian derby. Still to play 4-3-3 against a very strong England side is ambitious. Now to find a couple of tickets.

Its live on sky sports 1.

For those who only go to cork when they have too :p

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

kensutz wrote: »
    Now to find a couple of tickets.

The Horseshoe Bar next to the ground still has SHED and St Annes road end tickets. Adults only. Kids are sold out. I would say if you are around earlyish tomorrow you will have no problems.

Nice one I have to see if they can hold on to a couple for me unless someone can pick up a 2 for me ;)

I can get them held for you if you want. Just PM me your name etc. There is a good chance the game wont be a sell out regardless though.

Just thinking. Imagine the team we could field if Gibson, J.O'Brien, McShane, Ireland, McGeady, Long and Keogh were available for selection.

gimmick wrote: »
    There is a good chance the game wont be a sell out regardless though.

another reason not to have moved the game outside Dublin.

Turners Cross is always good for a crowd for these matches. I'd say it'll sell out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Maybe it's just an act of good faith to show that there's no bias against Cork. At least, that's what they want them to think! :D

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Turners Cross is always good for a crowd for these matches. I'd say it'll sell out.

I bet you a cyber tenner it doesnt.

about 14 people would have turned up if it was on in dublin, as is always the case when the 21s play there.. although quite a lot of barstoolers would probably have turned up to see theo walcott..

i'll bet you your cyber tenner its sold out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Sure if it was played in Dublin it would be like a home game for the English. West Brits and all that:p

about 14 people would have turned up if it was on in dublin, as is always the case when the 21s play there.. although quite a lot of barstoolers would probably have turned up to see theo walcott..

i'll bet you your cyber tenner its sold out

as opposed to all those lifelong sunderland fans in Cawk? :cool:

Tolka or Dalymount would have been full for this, Turnips Cross will be half full at best. Corkies arent going to see football this year, its Gaelic Football they are bandwagonning onto this year. Last year it was Rugby etc.

ha ha.. turnips cross actually made me laugh a little..

historically the under 21s have always gotten huge attendences at the Cross, along with any other age level, which is why Don Givens was saying on local radio over the weekend was that the reason the portugal and england games were played in Cork was so that they'd get a good crowd..

2,000 people would have turned up if this game was in Tolka Park, although as applehunter just pointed out, the dubs are miffed that their home game against Ireland has been moved to Cork..

Sure it's on sky sports anyway isn't it? thats how you usually support your team anyway yeah? so you're laughin..

2,000 people would have turned up if this game was in Tolka Park, although as applehunter just pointed out, the dubs are miffed that their home game against Ireland has been moved to Cork....

there would have been 2,000 brits there, nevermind Irish. Rubbish talk.
    Sure it's on sky sports anyway isn't it? thats how you usually support your team anyway yeah? so you're laughin..

What does that even mean? :confused:

The way the local cops, stewards and Cork Village FC treated the Hammerby fans this summer, I shudder to think of how the Engerland fans that make the trip, and they will, will be treated....

The tourist industry is too fragile to be left in the hands of culchies, they should stick to their parochial Gah and not have to deal with 'foreigners'.

there would have been 2,000 brits there, nevermind Irish. Rubbish talk.

whoooosh

What does that even mean? :confused:

and whoooosh again

whoooosh

and whoooosh again

ahh, the traitor county calling us dubs brits. you really couldnt make it up.

hilarious. keep em coming langers.

will we go down the road of why you are called the rebel county? ;)

• Advertisement

well it's certainly more accurate than that cork village, culchies and gaa rubbish you were spouting there, well done, you must be proud

anyways, you're boring me.

back on topic, can ireland actually win this one? they were poor enough against portugal, and they've picked billy clarke up front despite him not being 100% fit.. that and don givens just doesnt have a clue..

treated the Hammerby fans this summer, I shudder to think of how the Engerland fans that make the trip, and they will, will be treated....

These are the Hammarby Fans who were down in Cork last week who beat the living snot out of two 15 year old guys and a 14 year old girl across from The Tory Top ya?

Or was it the same Hammarby Fans who started throwing bottles at the Horseshoe about an hour after the final whistle last week spouting such nonsense as "come and have a go if ye think ye're hard enough"?

Or was it the Hammarby fans who were involved in a fight on the South Douglas Road after the Inter Toto match in July?

Funny, all these Hammarby fans spoke unemployed and had marks all along their arms!

These are the Hammarby Fans who were down in Cork last week who beat the living snot out of two 15 year old guys and a 14 year old girl across from The Tory Top ya?

Or was it the same Hammarby Fans who started throwing bottles at the Horseshoe about an hour after the final whistle last week spouting such nonsense as "come and have a go if ye think ye're hard enough"?

Or was it the Hammarby fans who were involved in a fight on the South Douglas Road after the Inter Toto match in July?

Funny, all these Hammarby fans spoke unemployed and had marks all along their arms!

And along to prove my point about wild rumour, innuendo and an amazing abilty to figure out someones class from their Swedish to justify aggressive behaviour from CCFC towords your guests, resulting in a formal complaint from Hammerby.

Interesting that every decent sized crowd down in Turnips this year has 'caused' the same trouble with the same innocent burberry wearing locals.

Now imagine sticking Englishmen into this self indulgant Cork victimhood fantasy. it will be a disaster.

Team named.

Randolph
    Nolan--Keogh---O'Dea(c)---O'Halloran
    O'Brien---Garvan---Quinn
    ----Clarke
    Downes
    Stokes---
    Nobody noticed but that should be Rooney in there instead of Downes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

historically the under 21s have always gotten huge attendences at the Cross

Not true, how about the Portugal game, less than 2300
    Don Givens was saying on local radio over the weekend was that the reason the portugal and england games were played in Cork was so that they'd get a good crowd.

Again , NO. The games are being held in Cork to appease the MFA and as a thanks from the FAI for supporting Delaney. A secondary reason is to help defray the costs of rebuiliding the Shed.
    2,000 people would have turned up if this game was in Tolka Park, although as applehunter just pointed out, the dubs are miffed that their home game against Ireland has been moved to Cork.

How do you know? There were over 3000 in Tolka for an Ireland V England U17 game a few years back.

...and attendances in the Cross this year for Cork have seen supporters locked out, such is the demand.:D

And along to prove my point about wild rumour, innuendo and an amazing abilty to figure out someones class from their Swedish to justify aggressive behaviour from CCFC towords your guests, resulting in a formal complaint from Hammerby.

Not because of the Swedish, because of the behaviour of the Dublin louts who accompanied them.
    Interesting that every decent sized crowd down in Turnips this year has 'caused' the same trouble with the same innocent burberry wearing locals.

The only incidences of trouble in the last 12 months were among the bebos of City and Shels last November, and when Rovers were in town. I know Shels have admitted that they have problems with their skooligans, as have Cork City with the self styled Cork City Casuals (CCC :rolleyes:). Why cant you admit that about your lot.
    Now imagine sticking Englishmen into this self indulgant Cork victimhood fantasy. it will be a disaster.

Funny, as when Sundireland were over in July there was no problems whatsoever. Quite the opposite in fact.

• Advertisement

Not true, how about the Portugal game, less than 2300

At €25 a ticket, the barstooling public would not want to pay that as they would not have heard of many of the Portugese players.

Again , NO. The games are being held in Cork to appease the MFA and as a thanks from the FAI for supporting Delaney. A secondary reason is to help defray the costs of rebuiliding the Shed.

There are those and also the fact that the FAI like to make a few bob, and always playing in Dublin will effect the crowds advsersely due to overkill. I thought that would have been obvious.

How do you know? There were over 3000 in Tolka for an Ireland V England U17 game a few years back.

How many years ago? And so what. For once the FAI are doing the right thing in spreading their games out, and the Dublin folk are whinging.

...and attendances in the Cross this year for Cork have seen supporters locked out, such is the demand.:D

Apples and oranges. Crowds have definitely been down for Cork City this season, but they are still the highest in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

At €25 a ticket, the barstooling public would not want to pay that as they would not have heard of many of the Portugese players.

There are those and also the fact that the FAI like to make a few bob, and always playing in Dublin will effect the crowds advsersely due to overkill. I thought that would have been obvious.

How many years ago? And so what. For once the FAI are doing the right thing in spreading their games out, and the Dublin folk are whinging.

Apples and oranges. Crowds have definitely been down for Cork City this season, but they are still the highest in the country.

I agree that the games should be spread around the country but just wanted to take to task some of the stupidity on this thread. I drove from Dublin to the Portugla game and am about to set off now for the England tie.

At €25 a ticket
    No discounts for kids either apparantly? Ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Won't someone think of the children.

Best ground in the country, so therefore best place for it.

Cant see the problem with it meself.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Looks fairly packed.

Always wondered how Givens still has a job after getting the unwanted record of 20 odd games without a win.

kdjac

1-0 england after 10, keeper dropped it easy goal for Noble.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Keeper mistake 1-0 England

FAI mistake giving Givens that job for so long.

2-0

getting easy now

kdjac

3 Milner deflection

1st 2 for Noble

this is embarrasing.

kdjac

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

we look quite decent going forward but simply cant cope with the quality england have in attack. If were honest with ourselves most of these English players would make the full Irish team if eligable (Taylor, Gabby, Noble, Milner etc...).

"some nutter has thrown a firecracker onto the pitch".

Feckin bohs fans everyhere :p Lucky dida is not playing.

kdjac

We're outplaying England in terms of possession. They just exploited an incredibly attacking system. Bar the defence it's been pretty encouraging from an Irish point of few. Some real talent there. Quinn looks really good.

We're outplaying England in terms of possession. They just exploited an incredibly attacking system. Bar the defence it's been pretty encouraging from an Irish point of few. Some real talent there. Quinn looks really good.

we were 3-0 down after 27 minutes and have possibly worst manager in the world and some seriously crap players.

i know your an optimist but i of the opinion that if a team is 3-0 up they are going to let you have the ball and what have ireland done with all this possesion ?

nearly 2 shots on target wooooooo

kdjac

I don't agree with that at all. As much as I'm biased it doesn't cloud my judgement. I told you before the game the system was a risk. That has certainly been proven. We've played well. Garvan, Quinn, Clarke, Stokes and Rooney all very lively and linking up well.

We lose possession, every single one of our midfielders are miles up the pitch. England break. That Villa chap with the mad name has the ball in the corner within seconds. It's the system that's at fault, not the players. I won't excuse the defence though which has looked very poor.

I know exactly what you're saying about teams sitting back on a lead. As a gambler I often hate to see my team scoring early away from home. If San Marino have the majority of possession though it doesn't mean they're going to look impressive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement