Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the best way to transfer money

• 14-10-2007 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I need to send some money to my friend in the UK for her birthday, but the UK post is on strike so a cheque is out of the question....can you suggest a quick, easy way that I can have it to her by Friday next?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Totally not the first forum, try the economics forum. (Biz->personal->economics). The easiest way would be a direct bank transfer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Moved to relevant forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Moved to a more relevant forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Wooops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

-_-

I'll leave it here since it has been bounced around enough times (Also, there may be alternative methods of transfer *shrug*). PM sent to OP letting them know where it is.

AH: Try being helpful first, smart-arses later?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can use Interpay (direct bank transfer, as Boston mentioned) as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Western Union?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cash is good enough for the Taoiseach, it should be good enough for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭moco

You'll need her IBAN number to transfer into her account. She'll have to give you this, it's at the top of her bank statements plus her bank name and address. Go into your bank and complete a euro money transfer form, it takes about 3 days to go through. I have to do it alot to transfer money into my UK account. It's a bit of hassle but is the easiest and quickest way at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

moco wrote: »
    You'll need her IBAN number to transfer into her account. She'll have to give you this, it's at the top of her bank statements plus her bank name and address. Go into your bank and complete a euro money transfer form, it takes about 3 days to go through. I have to do it alot to transfer money into my UK account. It's a bit of hassle but is the easiest and quickest way at the minute.

I second that but you'll need a a SWIFT code for the bank aswell. It's just an international sort code that goes with the IBAN. Alternatively, have you and her got Paypal accounts?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Do like our forefathers and leaders have taught us...big briefcase full of cash is the only way to go.

Carrier pigeon..

Failing that a bank transfer will probably do it. Expedited transactions cost more though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

I think with paypal you can send money to any email address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The postal strike in the uk is over, its my sons birthday on tuesday and i hope the 3 cards sent from ireland with (cash) arrive ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

You are very trusting to send cash in the post. I would not do it. Recently posted items are being delivered at the moment with the backlog still unsorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

eolhc wrote: »
    I think with paypal you can send money to any email address

The recipient will get nice charge from Paypal if they have a premium account (which means the majority).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Thy say they are going to bring in students to help shift the backlog and no offence to students or anybody they bring in, but how many letters parcels etc, will end up in the wrong letter box ?.I dont like sending or recieving cash through the post .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Moneybookers/neteller/paypal/firepay etc etc etc

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Just transfer the money, sheesh.
    By carrier pidgeon, the one from the cartoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Invite her out for a birthday beer tonight. Even if she can't show, cos she's in the UK, it's still a valid invite.

When it's her round, pay for your own pint. Effectively, she now 'owes' you a fiver. Call the debt squits, viola, money transferred.

• Advertisement
Advertisement